FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrrationalNoob

11-12-2012

how will the utility tree be attractive for supports?

ddaimyo

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
That's correct. Though if Jax wants to spec into Utility for lifesteal and spellvamp to drop offense or defense and not smash your face in while being unkillable I think I'm okay with that
This is what I'm talking about. Jax, nor most champs, would never go into the "other" trees. People will always pick the "right" tree for your role. I find it almost impossible to believe you can balance the trees such that min/maxing won't occur. Any min/maxing of Masteries defeats the purpose of reworking them to encourage build diversity.

Sloshula

11-12-2012

Is there any thought of putting Murder Bridge as an actual, regular map instead of custom dependent?

General Quackers

11-12-2012

Quote:
Yes but no spoiler... yet
How about giving us a spoiler on Exhaust changes if there are any, which there should be.

DeLegendaryGuy

11-12-2012

Sounds cool! Though I'm kind of sad that Indomitable is being removed.

EDIT: Do you mind giving pictures? I'm kind of curious of what the new mastery tree is going to be like!

Katarina PENTA

11-12-2012

Quote:
We're talking about the lifesteal and spellvamp masteries not runes. The runes are untouched as far as I know.

That's correct. Though if Jax wants to spec into Utility for lifesteal and spellvamp to drop offense or defense and not smash your face in while being unkillable I think I'm okay with that
Well I made another post about the trees. Overall, your analysis is correct, but it doesn't apply to every case, and I mean the unique cases.

Morde-utility

Kat-defense

Kat defense build-sorc boots, sunfire, abyssal, randuins, warmogs, situational

tankarina works better in lower elo's where teams are unreliable especially your own. tiensinoakuma knows about this and since he's in high elo, (And i' mnot) he specifically showed me why it doesn't work there on his stream. since you get good players on your own team in high elo that can initiate for you, almost never happens in low elo.

TheManStache

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

@FeralPony and @Roku I'm not asking you to not delete surge. But before it disappears forever, take it on nasus and duo top with a lulu. Its a FUN spell, even if its not competetive.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Can Riot please hire some real QA and Live testers? Tired of the knee-jerk changes...

IrrationalNoob

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaimyo View Post
This is what I'm talking about. Jax, nor most champs, would never go into the "other" trees. People will always pick the "right" tree for your role. I find it almost impossible to believe you can balance the trees such that min/maxing won't occur. Any min/maxing of Masteries defeats the purpose of reworking them to encourage build diversity.
Unless there is counterplay among the trees. For example 1v1 a defensive build should probably beat an offensive tree build assuming same champion and all other factors equal.

Thus a defensive user can be better in lane and a offense tree user can be better at burst damage against squishes. Etc.

However, I agree the current trees do not add such a level of metagame and I hope new ones will.

IrrationalNoob

11-12-2012

Will there be multiple mastery trees viable for supports?