FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
5 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Could you give us a preview of some of the new masteries, feral pony?

For example, I always thought it was intensely unfair that AD champs and 100% free access to lifesteal in the offense tree (with little to no impact on their offense), while AP champions had to give up a lot of damage and spec deep into the utility tree just for 3% Spell vamp.

Is this something that has changed?
This specifically has changed. You are correct Lifesteal didn't really belong in the offense tree. Lifesteal and Spellvamp are now bundled into the same mastery inside Utility. While it may not be popular among AD carry players to lose the LS from the offense tree, Utility as a whole has been made a more attractive choice for all character types.

DragnDave

11-12-2012

Seeing as you take out surge and promote, I think it would be beneficial to have a few new summoner spells to replace those. Very limited selection of summoner spells is a bad thing imo.

Jordian

11-12-2012

You said there wont be any new summoner spells then what is replacing Promote because I really like that spell

Xyltin

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalAeon View Post
But without Surge, how will I get my Attack Of The 50-Foot Cho'Gath build to work in Dominion with Lulu?

And does Heal still debuff everything that it touches? If so, It's still Garbage.
The debuff will definitely stay, or people would pick 5 heals and heal each other.
The debuff only prevents you from using more than one SS heal in less than 1 min with their full effect.

Crow˝

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A bowl of Stew View Post
I would rather see surge reworked as well.

Also could you consider reworking revive or at least giving it some attention i only see this spell on people who are under summoner level 10.
bloody OP on karthus

General Quackers

11-12-2012

What about Exhaust? Is that being left as is?

I also have to question your solution of simply raising the CD on Flash and Ignite as if that will solve the dominance they have over every other summoner spell. Why not actually tackle the mechanics and change them so they're not so much better than the others?

More band aid fixes aren't going to actually fix anything.

MichaeI Jaxon

11-12-2012

Will AD Casters be receiving an item that allows them to replenish health on SR (Similar to LVD Pillager, but toned down) without building bloodthirsters?

Cameryn Kyre

11-12-2012

Elo is being reset by your top Elo, right? This would only be fair and logical considering the changes for rewards and it's what I figured you'd be doing... elsewise I wouldn't have bothered to continue to que at all towards the end with how elo boosters ruined my bracket.

Arny Palmy

11-12-2012

Won't the heal reduction potentially hurt champs like Mundo and Volibear?

hai im scott

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

[QUOTE=Synthesse;31319459]Excellent!
Any details about support mastery changes? Like ones involved with gold flow?[/taking out one of the gold flow RIP HOG