Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PKAHH

Senior Member

11-12-2012

:O


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jrollins

Senior Member

11-12-2012

PLEASE talk to us about Kha'Zix in the new jungle. He seems like Riot's forgotten child ever since he was released. Right now he simply does not have the sustain from W because the health gained is too small and the mana cost too high. I can only see it getting worst after these changes to jungle......

Also, why is it that if you evolve Q you will not be in the range of the healing explosion from auto attack? Is this intentional?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

javaj900

Junior Member

11-12-2012

A big question that quite a few ppl have to want to ask is what is the future of gp5 items will there stats be to weak to get you through the jungle? i know the jungle is suppose to be more rewarding but is buying gp5 items still viable? also mundo being my fav jungle im wondering will he still be able to jungle with the best of them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larrik Jaerico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Well when you first engage a target in Spider Form, the spiderlings are typically behind you and thus you'll take the initial aggro. Once the spiderlings engage though, Elise can walk slightly backwards and voila her spiderlings should be now tanking.
What happens if an enemy walks by? Will they take aggro?

If your foe is between you and the Elder Lizard, can you shoot the lizard and then have it attack your opponent instead?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinspurch

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Well when you first engage a target in Spider Form, the spiderlings are typically behind you and thus you'll take the initial aggro. Once the spiderlings engage though, Elise can walk slightly backwards and voila her spiderlings should be now tanking.
This might sound silly but with these new jungle changes, will Poppy benefit from the changes to the jungle and or new items at all so that Poppy "Can" jungle?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeVector

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Thanks a lot for keeping us informed, Statikk! How do you see Jarvan in this new jungle? I feel even now he is extremely squishy early on, making you feel like a gimped Alistar for the first levels. Will he be confined to top lane now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tokiopopski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Yes, the 3rd upgrade for the Spirit Stone is focused on AD casters. Unfortunately it does bring a small amount of Mana Regen on it that it inherits from upgrading out of the Spirit Stone which can kind of leave a sour taste in most non-mana champions' mouths, but overall it should be a pretty solid item for junglers who want to focus on building up their AD.
Are you implying that AD casters such as Riven will still be viable junglers? Hopefully even more so than they currently are...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pokeprof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Well when you first engage a target in Spider Form, the spiderlings are typically behind you and thus you'll take the initial aggro. Once the spiderlings engage though, Elise can walk slightly backwards and voila her spiderlings should be now tanking.
Didn't you say that the Jungle mobs would be doing more damage to the pets like Elise Spiderlings and Shaco's stuff because that might make them op since they've got pets capable to tank most of the damage?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrapt

Senior Member

11-12-2012

What about Rengar, his clear speed and safety is extremely weak until he hits level 4. He already has to go cloth+5 unless he receives a very strong leash. I know he was nerfed because he was overall too strong, but I never thought for a "jungler" he had a great start. I understand it's a slippery slope because of his laning, but I'm wondering how he fairs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
40 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrik Jaerico View Post
What happens if an enemy walks by? Will they take aggro?

If your foe is between you and the Elder Lizard, can you shoot the lizard and then have it attack your opponent instead?
Yes, this will happen.