FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkChaos109

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

No surge? But... how do I make my cho'gath the size of the nexus?

Desmond Law

11-12-2012

NO! I want surge to stay! Kayle needs it!

AdrunkANGEL

11-12-2012

"carries took offense, tanks took defense, and supports took utility"

i must disagree. as a frequent ap mid player, i often take 9-0-21 mastery pages for 10% cooldown reduction at level 1. it suits my spell-spammy playstyle quite well. will this still be an option in season 3? will it be even better to do so?

Trixie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

But will it blend!?

Titan Tactics

11-12-2012

Wait according to Roku , we gain barrier but lose promote and surge?

Less Spells? How is this diversity? Create us some unique spells Riot, theres many ideas out there?

MoonJuice

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Hey summoners,
In the preseason we want summoner spells to be another way to customize your champion to suit your playstyle instead of being dominated by a few, extremely strong choices. Were confident that these modifications will free you up to experiment with different combinations and tailored to your favorite champions.
I don't think you should be allowed to say this when you are taking away ways of customizing our play styles by getting rid of 2 summoner spells. Ya maybe surge wasn't used in high elo play, but I used it every normal game where I played a champ like teemo or on hit twisted fate. And not only did you take away 2 summoner spells but you are trying to make it so that heal is only used by supports. How can we make a spell fit our own play style when you change things so they only fit one role?

Glaedien

11-12-2012

Mastery changes sound interesting. I'll be glad to finally get rid of a few prerequisite masteries that I didn't really need.

Sinbu

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Hey summoners,

Im Roku, Game QA Analyst at Riot Games, and Im here today to fill you in on some of ....
Roku, I'm a huge fan even before you were a Rioter. I have one plea. Please look into not extending Flash cooldown, but instead making it go inactive every time you're hit for 3 seconds. This would really attune to your goals of making LoL more fun:

-aggressive and fun to watch
-Will nerf flash as a defensive skill
-Still make people want to pick up ghost more often without killing Flash off completely

Please just look and consider it!

Tahngarthor

11-12-2012

I used Surge a lot, together with ignite. I think they compliment each other, not compete with eachother. It's nice that barrier will be fully available, but it's sad to see the total summoner spells decrease. I want to see more spells, not less...

GodSparrow

11-12-2012

new spells and new items! new! new! new! yay! yay! yay!