Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mac Royale

11-12-2012

My only concern is that Trundle not be ignored anymore. He hasn't even gotten a new skin in the two years he's been out, let alone the lack of attention and low frequency of play that Trundle receives because there are other characters that are simply more effective than him. Fix this Riot.

VictimEN

11-12-2012

Are we going to be seeing buffs to Wriggles Lantern with the new jungle? Between the nerfs to item due to it being adopted by lanes, and the changes to the jungle emphasizing AoE, Wriggles went from being one of the more common jungle items to an item seen only on a few as ganking/map items (mobility boots, oracles) or tank items (one or more GP/10s, fast aegis) took over.

XDr0p

11-12-2012

Lets go teemo junglers! xD

SweederDerToten

11-12-2012

I doubt this will be seen since its so far back but what about Elise and her spiderlings they are all at the same range so who does it attack pets first then her? i think that's how it should be it would make her far more useful

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
38 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictimEN View Post
Are we going to be seeing buffs to Wriggles Lantern with the new jungle? Between the nerfs to item due to it being adopted by lanes, and the changes to the jungle emphasizing AoE, Wriggles went from being one of the more common jungle items to an item seen only on a few as ganking/map items (mobility boots, oracles) or tank items (one or more GP/10s, fast aegis) took over.
The reason Wriggle's is not as desirable in the current jungle is two-fold:

1) Clearing the jungle is currently really easy. Jungle monsters fall over to almost any item combination.

2) Clearing the jungle has very little reward. There is no point into putting gold into being able to farm it efficiently if it gives you hardly anything in return.

The jungle difficulty and reward increases make Wriggle's a more attractive and effective item.

In short, I don't think it needs a buff.

Versol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

will olaf become more viable in the new jungle? because he does have sustain, but gets dangerously low during the first clear, and with the camps getting slight buff i am worried.

XuWarrior

11-12-2012

Hey Statikk or any other Rioter who tested junglers in "new jungle"
Speccialy Statikk you where talkin like some AoE junglers can have problems in New jungle and IF that happen you gonna "tweak, adjust " them

So What About Dr.Mundo ? I just kinda dont see him in new jungle because his power is W (AoE) and after couple of nerfs on him (in S2) he had/have problem even now in that jungle.

What gonna happen with him at S3 ???

Radiant Being

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
The reason Wriggle's is not as desirable in the current jungle is two-fold:

1) Clearing the jungle is currently really easy. Jungle monsters fall over to almost any item combination.

2) Clearing the jungle has very little reward. There is no point into putting gold into being able to farm it efficiently if it gives you hardly anything in return.

The jungle difficulty and reward increases make Wriggle's a more attractive and effective item.

In short, I don't think it needs a buff.
Is Wriggle's going to have the same build components in the upcoming re-itemization?

Durflol

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Been looking forward to the downfall of the gp10/Aegis-rush supporty junglers for a while now. Feels good.

CC Gengar

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Gengar View Post
Alright, everyone else is asking, so I might as well:

Hey Statikk, how does Mundo sit with the changes to the jungle thus far?
Still curious.