Guide to top lane countering?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BiOHazzzarD

11-12-2012

Pick Riven, only top champ in game that is truly uncounterable, she should win lane vs any opponent.

Flayne

11-12-2012

btw in lolcounter, use the search function and type in Darius, he counters 24 champions lol thats almost 1/4 of the entire champions roster.

Calderweiss

11-12-2012

championselect.net is what I use. for top lane, it helps me a lot, since i main top lane on my team, but the best weapon is still your brain. If you need to counter olaf, go jarvan. If you wanna counter jarvan, go nasus or yorick. Counter shen? Go renekton. Counter riven? Go olaf. Counter singed? Be Garen. Counter Garen? Be malphite. Need to counter fiora? Be singed. Need to hurt singed? Be riven. Need to annoy people like panth, pick vlad. Need to frack akali? Be poppy. Ultimately, it is all about skill, because once you get out of the lane, you are going to be focusing somone else other then the offtank. I still can win a match against my counter if I"m smart. good luck!

Calderweiss

11-12-2012

Need to counter darius? Go kayle or teemo. Or Garen. Garen absolutely beats the living **** out of darius. Mundo also beats the tar out of darius, he completely bullies him out of the lane. And Riven can be countered. Want to know who does? OLAF. Olaf can seriously just toss Riven aside like a ragdoll and then laugh at the remains. Even with the dash, the axes move pretty fast and he just destroys her 1v1, especially early game. Late game he is a constant annoyance to her as well. You people thinking some champs can't be countered are dead wrong.

KiStorm

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayne View Post
btw in lolcounter, use the search function and type in Darius, he counters 24 champions lol thats almost 1/4 of the entire champions roster.
Cant harass him much with many Champions. (Counters a lot of early gamers)

Forced trades on non-commital harass. (Counters a lot of weak early-mid gamers)

Sustained damage and incentive to leave his trades yet often not a good path to take later on. (Counters a lot of mid gamers)

Needs to be harassed. (all the more reason to take an early gamer)

Pick a ranged late gamer, or medium-high strength late-gamer with low-medium early game. (preferrably strong-early game and medium-late game for safety, or medium-to-weak early and strong-late for good snowball).

Teemo.

Jayce.

Jax.

Counterpick list is now complete. TY OP made me think about this one in terms of his kit and weaknesses/strengths in general.

blackraven1425

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
It's actually just lolcounter.com.

It's a great site for researching what it sounds like you're trying to research.
I think championselect.net is a much better option. Lolcounter is just a "figure out why this is a counterpick", while championselect has comments on why each character is a counterpick that will help you actually understand why it is and what to do.

blazerboy

11-12-2012

Also think about how the opposing champion works, if it's someone who's reliant on basic attacks (Trynd, darius, etc) a champion that can block those is great (Jax, Fiora, Teemo) if it's someone who relies on abilities, champs with a shield that can block this damage are useful (Diana, Nautilus) also, champions that can heal past any damage that's done against them are able to do well against either (Olaf, Irelia, Vladamir). Hope this helps =D

SoLInferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven1425 View Post
I think championselect.net is a much better option. Lolcounter is just a "figure out why this is a counterpick", while championselect has comments on why each character is a counterpick that will help you actually understand why it is and what to do.
This is much better. I don't just want to know that Cho'Gath counters Jayce, I want to know WHY Cho'Gath counters Jayce.

EFG

11-12-2012

I dislike sites that tell you champ x is good against champ y but not how you should play the lane.

Apache Zero

11-12-2012

Bump for some more good info!