Kayle Solo Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ryushishin

11-11-2012

So I been doing some random looking into Champions and Solo Top Kayle has caught my eye. On paper, I like her concept of having a huge Armor/MR shread per attack, a pseudo-Ranged mode "toggle", and a nukish Slow.

What kind of build would you recommend for such?

Right now I guess I will go off what is posted off LolPro but also want some community opinions on the matter.

Also how is Kayle Mid and Jungle these days as well?

Shangetsu

11-11-2012

Kayle is like teemo. If you want anyone else than you to enjoy the game, don't play her.

Trolling appart I guess you could try to build her this way:

-Merc thread/Ninja tabi
-Wits end
-Frozen mallet
-Shurelya (only if your support does not have it)
-Trinity force
-Whatever you need at the time, if you need more def build either frozen heart or thornmail, if you need more MR build an abyssal scepter and if you need dps you might consider a phantom dancer.

This way you are pretty much polyvalent which is, imo, the job of a top kayle.

TeknoWizard

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangetsu View Post
Kayle is like teemo. If you want anyone else than you to enjoy the game, don't play her.

Trolling appart I guess you could try to build her this way:

-Merc thread/Ninja tabi
-Wits end
-Frozen mallet
-Shurelya (only if your support does not have it)
-Trinity force
-Whatever you need at the time, if you need more def build either frozen heart or thornmail, if you need more MR build an abyssal scepter and if you need dps you might consider a phantom dancer.

This way you are pretty much polyvalent which is, imo, the job of a top kayle.
That's... a really trash build. No offense.

Kayle is built top lane as pretty much a secondary AD carry. You want to go a standard IE-PD build to do the most damage possible.

The first build is going to result in Kayle dealing next to no damage, and more or less making it support Kayle. Which is really bad.

Lord Ryushishin

11-11-2012

Would my Jayce build be considered a a rollover build?

Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi (Might just go Zerker Greaves instead)
Doran's Blade/Vampiric Scepter > Bloodthirster
Phage > Tri-Force
Last Whisper
Situational #1
Situational #2

Shamwowz

11-11-2012

I mainly play Kayle AD carry top (and bottom) and this is my core item build:
- Berserker's Greaves
- Infinity Edge
- Doran's Blade
- Vampiric Scepter
- The Black Cleaver

You can replace Vampiric Scepter with The Bloodthirster. Which I suggest you do, if you have enough money to spare.

EDIT: Kayle mid gets destroyed, so don't even try. Kayle jungle isn't the best choice reason being she is too weak. I've tried to jungle with Kayle before and I almost died to the wraiths with full health...

Xcelerator

11-11-2012

imo i generally play Kayle as a hybrid carry. You really limit Kayle's full potential by just building AD. Here's my build:

Boots (Cd Boots) or Dorans Ring (eventually 1-2)
Fiendish Codex --> Nashor's Tooth
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Ionic Spark
Hextech Gunblade
Wit's End

This build makes you extremely scary to squishy carries. And since you have a mixture of AP and AD you can't be completely countered by MR or Armor. For runes you should have AP Quints and blues (I like flat for early game power), mana regen yellows and magic pen reds. For masteries, I actually get 30 into offense. Get all the AP and AD masteries and penetration (not the flat arm pen).

Shamwowz

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelerator View Post
imo i generally play Kayle as a hybrid carry. You really limit Kayle's full potential by just building AD. Here's my build:

Boots (Cd Boots) or Dorans Ring (eventually 1-2)
Fiendish Codex --> Nashor's Tooth
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Ionic Spark
Hextech Gunblade
Wit's End

This build makes you extremely scary to squishy carries. And since you have a mixture of AP and AD you can't be completely countered by MR or Armor. For runes you should have AP Quints and blues (I like flat for early game power), mana regen yellows and magic pen reds. For masteries, I actually get 30 into offense. Get all the AP and AD masteries and penetration (not the flat arm pen).
Thats actually not a bad idea if your not going for full on AD carry. Nice set up!

Lord Ryushishin

11-12-2012

Bump? Want more opinions on this.

Also taking a look at some of the guides on SoloMid and LolPro, they generally just go straight up AD which is understandable due to her Armor shreding Passive. Not sure if adding in the AP is worth anything.

FarkingTroll

11-12-2012

I don't play kayle very often, but when i do i prefer to go solo top. Try not to farm while your e is active, rather use ur q and then e on the enemy champion when he comes in to farm. I like to play on-hit effect kayle (similar to teemo)

- Beserker's Greaves
- Wit's End
- Malady
- Frozen Mallet
- Madred's Blood Razor
- Blood Thirster

Elegencia

11-13-2012

I've tried on-hit Kayle, AD Kayle, and even AP Kayle. At the end of the day, I find best success with Hybrid.

My typical build:

- Berserker;s Greaves
- Nashor's Tooth
- Guinsoo's Rageblade
- Zeke's Herald

This gives you the mix of CD to keep your E always up along with Attack speed to shred the opposing armour quicker, and enough AP to make your heals count.

The last two slots I would often go for whatever I feel the team is lacking. Generally, I pick two from the following list:

- Frozen Mallet
- Madred's Blood Razor
- Blood Thirster