Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZestyBeast

11-11-2012

I like that riot is trying to make jungle more viable for junglers like ww (one of my personal favorites) but now so many jungles are going to become impossible. Maokai is gonna be hard as sh*t, nautalus is gonna be impossible, lee sin is gonna be rediculous, mundo is gonna be hard,evelyn is gonna be impossible and for the eccentrists yorick will be impossible. Is all that really worth it? I mean if your were to just NOT take away the wonderfulness of leashes would that be so bad?

Firewind204

11-11-2012

no more leashes just means that the others on your team just need to help u kill the creep untill u can smite it

HERROYERROFERROW

11-11-2012

no leashing o.o
that makes soo many junglers unviable!

1stAuditor

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Sangelli View Post
Interesting... I mainly jungle mundo and he in no way revolves around lvl 2 ganks. His early gank are rather weak since for effective jungling you shouldn't take infected cleaver until lvl 4. I find mundo to be a farm heavy jungle champ. You get really low early so the harder camps will be a pain to start but it should be balanced by the extra gold and exp allowing him to become the lovable invincible tank that we all know. Bottom line: initial clear is even more painful but late game he is still a god, maybe even moreso than with the current jungle.
I take his q at lvl 2 because he has a hard time early lvls in the jungle its better to offset that by a gank pickign up fb and then that makes it very very easy to farm safely. Mundo is a gank heavy jungler like naut shen and lee

1stAuditor

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewind204 View Post
no more leashes just means that the others on your team just need to help u kill the creep untill u can smite it
But then you miss out on a little bit of xp which makes a very big difference

1stAuditor

11-11-2012

Please riot dont make these changes please

Servantofthe99

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.
early is pitiful...no good gank capabilities before lv 6 whereas many of the junglers can do lv2/3 ganks easy.

and to be honest she doesn't scale well with items. what exactly would you build on her....ap? health? and she can't get items because of her slow jungle time and general sense of being far behind.

and for being a tank she has no self buffs for mr/ar not to mention laughable cooldowns. and i think she probably takes the top spot for having the most useless passive of any champion.

ways to possibly make her better:
1. cooldowns need a MASSIVE reduction
2. a better dash. the one right now is well for the lack of a better word...'tarded.
3. ar/mr self buff. she's a tanky champion with no self boost to protect her. seems legit to walk right into the enemy.

Shadowess

11-11-2012

Pretty legit

AguilaDeAcero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

No more leash for you! Bring on those (+more) Armor runes. :l

CC Gengar

11-11-2012

Alright, everyone else is asking, so I might as well:

Hey Statikk, how does Mundo sit with the changes to the jungle thus far?