Just tried DotA2...

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dischu

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeking View Post
please no......
but i do liek spirit breaker a lot
The only reason to not like pudge is not being able to dodge a hook. A bad pudge is the same as a b ad blitz, goes un-noticed and does nothing. But a good Pudge can literally win the game by himself.

Also : If they ever brought out anyone like TA I would quit playing League of Legends. That b*tch is broken.

Zulgaines

11-10-2012

League players in charge of navigating menus.

Vanblod

11-10-2012

Their shop menu gives me a total headache, I don't understand why they have to make it so... Listy? I dunno, just makes it seem less organized.

Razbunare

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
It took me about 20 games to fully grasp how the shop menu worked... and the fact that there was three completely different shops was just confusing as hell. Didn't know where to go to buy what half the time.

The items will say where to buy from the side shop is pretty limited the secret shop offers the BFG items and then normal shop took me a game or two to get use to it though, Also with most heros its easier to follow recommended items till you learn the hero and skills.

Xengre

11-10-2012

I can agree on both points. Overall I like the LoL store, but I thought the Dota 2 one was... well let me just say when I am doing well and have no desire to spend my gold because I don't want to interact with their shop... that is a problem.

Honestly, no offense to any Riot programmers, but... Riot is not good when it comes to AI. In fact they are brutally awful and make extremely amateurish mistakes that a little bit of research could easily resolve. Still AI is not as straight forward as most other programming topics because there is not exactly... a standard method to approach it with in many cases when compared to other topics. It would be nice to see them layer on more techniques and develop a more robust AI. Handling fog of war would also be nice but this is a more advanced technique that majority of developers can not accomplish in games that involve fog of war resulting in the AI knowing complete information about the environment, thus I can not disapprove entirely of this issue.

If anything... their biggest AI feats may actually not be related directly to the game but other features such as Tribunal, etc.

iKeychain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

It's not sluggish, you just think it's sluggish. Major difference in movement is because characters in Dota 2 actually rotate when you move them, unlike in LoL where they just fling back and forth.

GreenEggsAndSLAM

11-10-2012

Oddly enough, my first hero on Dota was Invoker. nothing on league so far has compared to the amounts of fun I have on Invoker.

If only it weren't for their ****ed matchmaking system and that horrible lagginess that has caused so many deaths of mine, and ofc they don't have smartcasting so it makes playing some heroes a pain in the ass. Can anyone say skillshots with no targeting reticule?

Razbunare

11-10-2012

i will add im glad to see a thread thats being civil about the faults and strengths of both games.

High Rune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

dota shop ui is fine lol..

if you aren't slow you'll understand how it works.

Zulgaines

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKeychain View Post
It's not sluggish, you just think it's sluggish. Major difference in movement is because characters in Dota 2 actually rotate when you move them, unlike in LoL where they just fling back and forth.
And you can instantly fire spells out of your butt in LoL, but in DOTA your character has a turn rate that effects how long it takes them to face their cast. That's where most of the clunky feeling comes from- people trying to cast a stun to stop a chaser and it ends up getting them caught.

123456 ... 9