Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImGunnaZergRushU

11-10-2012

I don't understand where they're coming from when they say junglers put too much stress on laners. How is buying a ward that completely nullifies a gank path considered too much pressure? They're taking one of the only interesting occurences of this game and making it less likely to succeed. Everything else is fine, but this makes no sense to me.

nascarfan38124

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

How about alistar jungle? The new spirit stone sounds like it will help him a lot but his early game is all about the aoe damage and his passive? It sounds like a machete + pots will be a good start, plus his heal does a good amount.

I normally run him ap/armor per level/ mr per level typical clear starting at blue going q->e->q->w(for ganks)

i was worried at first but running though this sounds like he will sill be pretty viable, and with super scary ganks XD

on another note

does this mean that junglers dont need to buy gp10 items anymore? currently its the factoring the risk if you dont get good ganks then the jungler falls flat, but is that risk still there with the new jungle,

also in a related question if the jungle still buys gp10s are they gonna have too much gold?

normally i buy some gp10s and then 5 boots and roam alot after my first clear only going back really to pick up buffs

Necromexon

11-10-2012

I can't help how easily he's killed and the huge lack of damage he does in the middle and beginning of the game.

I seriously want to quit because of this.

Szubzda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

What kind of changes can we expect if any to happen to smite? Is it once again going to be the best summoner spell for a jungler to start with or will the new items allow for changes?

GarbGarb

11-10-2012

I might try to jungle now see how i do, i prefer mid but i have to try new thing for season 3.

rathy Aro

11-10-2012

1) Wouldn't a harder jungle deter sub 30 players from attempting to jungle? Its already one of the most unpopular roles and it sounds like one won't be able to jungle without runes and masteries.

2) Who has faster/better clears, tiger udyr or phoenix udyr? I feel like an answer to this could give us an idea of how good aoe is vs single target jungling.

FretRunner

11-10-2012

Wait just a tiny, ****ing, SECOND. Did he just say that you wont be able to leash anymore? how is that a "small" change????? how in gods name will junglers get fast buff starts? if junglers no longer can effectively start with a buff, that also nullifies jungle invading COMPLETELY!!!! Whoever thought up that "small" change is a complete idiot.

johnyatess

11-10-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

No more super leash???

Darkcharger

11-10-2012

So leashing is broken. Getting blue/red before level 3 broken (stronger, no leash)...

Way to go to league. Bye bye malphite

mr underhilI

11-10-2012

why hasnt any reds commented on AD casters jungling?

champions like khazix are portrait as junglers in champion spotlights, but in reality they are the worst kind, they have low auto attack damage or attack speed compared to master yi or shyvans, and since they relay on abilities to do damage, they run out of mana, with harder jungle creeps i wonder if he ever be viable in jungle, he already is a slow jungler.