Remove Elo loss from surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troll Control

11-10-2012

No OP. Your never surrender attitude only shows these forum posters how much of a noob you are. Your team isn't always 1 good fight from victory, you don't just "need to coordinate better" for fights, etc. If 4 people on your team want to surrender it was a lost game with no hope of return and you are the only person who doesn't realize that because you lack experience. And don't give us any of the "i'm the best player in the world who makes no mistakes my elo should be a million and my team mates just feed!"

Troll Control

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Not win, learn from my mistakes and make a few plays. The game's already started, you learn next to nothing by throwing up your hands and bending over the minute things dont go exactly the way you wanted them to.
You stay instead of surrendering because you think you will learn/improve faster than by starting a new game? Do you not realize when you make mistakes or something? You don't learn anything by staying you are merely wasting your time (and everyone elses, much worse). What do you personally think you learn while you are losing? How to put wards in your jungle when you are playing D?

Amatzikahni

11-10-2012

Regardless of the reasons behind your team surrendering, the fact is that there are many things you can do each game to improve your chances of winning. Pros can go into "Elo Hell" and win >90% of their games, yet people stuck there tend to think that the system is short-stacking them every queue. If you don't know how to boost team morale and coordinate angry strangers to make plays and win an otherwise lost game, then you need to make up your lack of communication skills with better in-game skill to get fed every game and win teamfights when your team is down. Simply put, if your team thinks it's time to surrender, you haven't come across as a strong enough leader or player to give your team a hope of winning regardless of whether you are or not.

BigTallUgly

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by allheil View Post
You stay instead of surrendering because you think you will learn/improve faster than by starting a new game? Do you not realize when you make mistakes or something? You don't learn anything by staying you are merely wasting your time (and everyone elses, much worse). What do you personally think you learn while you are losing? How to put wards in your jungle when you are playing D?

You look at how the fights are going. You see if you can change your positioning. You try to backdoor. You try to make gold and still farm lanes while under pressure. Usually, I also try remembering just when it was that things started going south.

On the other hand, you learn nothing when everything on your team is doing fantastic and raping the enemy. It is precisely teammates like you that I would sincerely like to see removed from online gaming in general, due to this narcissistic over-valuing of your own worth and blind devotion to your own set of principles.

BigTallUgly

11-13-2012

Baump.

Canibalistik

11-13-2012

The simple fact is, its a team game, you're playing a five versus five match, then you're in the general consensus, whether or not you like the outcome of the vote! Imagine if the presidential voting went that way...ohh wait...

BigTallUgly

11-14-2012

A uh presidential vote isnt five versus five people fighting to take down a nexus.

I cant think of any other game where your incompetent teammates are allowed to intrude on your gaming experience, honestly.

Shesocold

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
I cant think of any other game where your incompetent teammates are allowed to intrude on your gaming experience, honestly.
Halo reach ranked team slayer. There now you can think of one.

BigTallUgly

11-16-2012

Um anything 5v5 arena in WoW, TF, counterstrike, pretty much any competitive game there is right now.

I dont play halo.

BigTallUgly

12-13-2012

Bump.