(Guide) Emotions: The Driving Force behind Player Performance+

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

10-10-2012

For honor!

Nhan Fiction

10-19-2012

XD

Nhan Fiction

10-29-2012

XD

Nhan Fiction

11-07-2012

XD

Herpapotamuss

11-07-2012

good suggestion for getting in good mood:watch streams, pro tips are included, see how people coordinate things when they are good, and its funny as hell with someone like Hotshot or regy

ryzeonline

11-08-2012

This, along with

"Why You Lost"
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2764637

and

"A Guide To Self Preservation"
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2771127

...are some of the most awesome League guides I've read.

Emotion is so so so so so important ... in everything!

Thanks for this, Nhan!

(and props to your champ creation, Cerule!)

JadothBloodreign

11-09-2012

A question, if you don't mind them being asked in here -

How do you guys bring yourself to queue against players? I've stopped doing PVP matches entirely (unless my friends drag me along) because I've been on a losing streak for the past few days. It's been nothing but facing groups of 30s and smurfs, getting stomped over and over again with no hope of coming back, surrendering at 20... I think I now have more losses than wins total. I've looked through many, many guides and none of them seem to help me. I've stopped trying for the most part, there's nothing I can do to win games and even if there was I wouldn't be able to pull it off.

I've heard all of that stuff about "think positive and things will go well" and it just doesn't work. I try to be as pleasant and genial as I can while ingame, even when losing, but it doesn't do anything. There is always the cold, hard truth that I will lose the game overshadowing any positive energy I can create. And then there's that perpetual knowledge that someone out there is going to report me for intentionally feeding or being bad or stuff like that hanging over me. I'm almost too afraid to play and I often get panic-attacky symptoms during games against people.

I don't know if negativity and emotions are really making me lose games (the funny thing is, when people start trolling and flaming, I'm usually the unshakable beacon of reason trying to calm everyonw down) or if I'm so bad I'm beyond help. Could I please get your thoughts on this matter?

ryzeonline

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadothBloodreign View Post
I've heard all of that stuff about "think positive and things will go well" and it just doesn't work. I try to be as pleasant and genial as I can while ingame, even when losing, but it doesn't do anything. There is always the cold, hard truth that I will lose the game overshadowing any positive energy I can create. And then there's that perpetual knowledge that someone out there is going to report me for intentionally feeding or being bad or stuff like that hanging over me. I'm almost too afraid to play and I often get panic-attacky symptoms during games against people.

I don't know if negativity and emotions are really making me lose games (the funny thing is, when people start trolling and flaming, I'm usually the unshakable beacon of reason trying to calm everyonw down) or if I'm so bad I'm beyond help. Could I please get your thoughts on this matter?
First thing: I feel ya man.
I hear you JadothBloodreign, and I've been there, many times.

Still am, occasionally.

My career is one of teaching positivity to others, and most people I meet aren't as practiced at it as I am -- but I still feel like you do sometimes. It happens.

Second thing: You asked for my thoughts..
A great question, and a really honest request for my thoughts. Cool man

I've written millions of words on positivity, hundreds of thousands of them are available on my site. I've created exercises and tips and tricks to stay positive in the worst situations.

I've been calm in jail, while homeless, being betrayed and hated on, and more -- but no matter how much I write, there are things people have to learn on their own.

Emotional management and positivity is one of those thigns.

Third thing: Tips-Realize that no matter how positive you are, you can't CHANGE people. If you're matched with ragers, you're matched with ragers. Period.

-Ignore every single person in the game, and play on instinct. They're not going to communicate anything helpful to you anyway, so make your screen quiet, zen out, and play your best.

-Don't play games with strangers -- if you were in school or in a park, you wouldn't just play with a bunch of random, angry, 13 year old hoodlums or something. You'd find people who suited you, and play with them.

The main "problem" with LOL matching is it does nothing to pair up people of similar maturity levels. They invented LeaverBuster, they invented The Tribunal, maybe one day they'll create Maturity Matching.

Until then -- do whatever you can to find positive friends as players.

There's many in this thread.

You can post in "Clan Recruitment" forums, and create your own positive clan.

Solutions that "fight against" a bunch of hate-filled, raging strangers is an uphill battle.

Solutions that "find and attract" a large positive, mature friends list works wonders.

Wishing you all the best man.

JadothBloodreign

11-10-2012

It doesn't matter how I play, even if I play at all, I will lose. I wouldn't exactly call it an emotion, it's more like a state of existence or a fact of life.

I just lost another game, 3-30 or so, we were pushed to nexus before 20 minutes.

It's like I'm a dead weight that just drags down any game into oblivion. My "best" usually means that I have less than 7 deaths and if I'm lucky, an assist or two.

I used to queue with friends, but I'm so bad that they've stopped inviting me to play. I'll find one person, they'll drag me into a game (even though I tell them over and over, I can literally make a group crash just by showing up), see how bad I am, and never queue with me again. I don't really have a choice.

I'm not a leader or an outgoing person. I think making a clan or forming a group is beyond me.

The last group I played with said that I was blind and stupid and didn't think, maybe they are right.

Kaalika

11-10-2012

As the reincarnation of Mother Teresa I can assure you that some situations in LoL DO make even Mother Teresa rage.

Nice guide!

Edit: JADDY! We won yesterday. Remember it was awful and you said we probably wouldn't win then the whole team just turned around and we did? :P