Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jushtime

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yeah, Phantom Dancer has had its' statistics extensively readjusted. It lost a *lot* of movement speed and a little bit of attack speed. It's also slightly cheaper and thus less slot-efficient.

It's been known for a while that Phantom Dancer was just too good but nerfing it would've caused a drastic effect on AD carry mobility / balance for a while. We've shifted some statistics around into other items that AD carries can easily fit into their builds and now PD doesn't have to be the king of both AS, Crit and MS.

On the plus side, it now has Ignore Unit Collision on it though. How useful that passive is, I'm not sure - but it is something that people have been asking for quite a while on their carries.

If PD now lets people ignore unit collision, please tell me Jarvan's Cataclysm is being reworked. Currently, anyone with unit collision can just walk right out of it...

FancifuHarlequin

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jushtime View Post
If PD now lets people ignore unit collision, please tell me Jarvan's Cataclysm is being reworked. Currently, anyone with unit collision can just walk right out of it...
I didn't think ignoring unit collision allowed you to run out of his ult, but then again I rarely if ever see a jarvan and have ghost on hand. But anyway, on the subject of PD: Xyph said something about it being good for carries. What makes it better on MELEE carries and/or punishes ranged for taking it? (Not that it should - RADC don't need to be nerfed simply to accommodate MADC - MADC need viable items to reward them for being melee.) To go along with that, what will we see in terms of MADC itemization?

XxxLumberJackxxX

11-10-2012

I'm concerned about the HoG removal for people who don't need mana regen and don't want to build anything out of Lucky pick or Avaraice Blade.
Can we get an armor Gp5 to replace it?

Jungle mundo is sad and will just have to cry into his pillow.

A Pickup Truck

11-10-2012

Lee Sin is going to have a field day.
Sightstone Lee Sin OP.
Tell your friends.

Also Jax.

Xpose101

11-10-2012

Xypherous, For the new ward item you are implementing please look into restricting it for one per team, the last thing this game needs is 16-20 wards that are rechargeable on each team.

Jushtime

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifuHarlequin View Post
I didn't think ignoring unit collision allowed you to run out of his ult, but then again I rarely if ever see a jarvan and have ghost on hand. But anyway, on the subject of PD: Xyph said something about it being good for carries. What makes it better on MELEE carries and/or punishes ranged for taking it? (Not that it should - RADC don't need to be nerfed simply to accommodate MADC - MADC need viable items to reward them for being melee.) To go along with that, what will we see in terms of MADC itemization?
It has in my experience. Alistar, Hecarim, anyone with Ghost... It's very frustrating.

Purple Hurricane

11-10-2012

Xypherous i am a bit worried atm with all this support item stuff and the item change in general. the way i see it you are pushing the current meta more and more, which i dislike very much the meta should change at least at some point and people should not be punished for not doing the things by the book. Atm your tournaments are very very stale for me even i will go as far as saying very boring because of the problem with your meta and the way it forces people to pick the exact same champ every game which in terms for me watching that is boring, and part of the problem are the items but what i see here is the exact same song but with a different rhythm..... i just sit here and hope your item overhaul goes well and you actually do a good job of bringing life to old flames because right now it looks that the future will be the present just with a new paint job on it.

FancifuHarlequin

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jushtime View Post
It has in my experience. Alistar, Hecarim, anyone with Ghost... It's very frustrating.
wat

Does it do the same for other terrain (i.e. trundle's pillar, anivia's wall)?

RapZero

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yeah, Phantom Dancer has had its' statistics extensively readjusted. It lost a *lot* of movement speed and a little bit of attack speed. It's also slightly cheaper and thus less slot-efficient.

It's been known for a while that Phantom Dancer was just too good but nerfing it would've caused a drastic effect on AD carry mobility / balance for a while. We've shifted some statistics around into other items that AD carries can easily fit into their builds and now PD doesn't have to be the king of both AS, Crit and MS.

On the plus side, it now has Ignore Unit Collision on it though. How useful that passive is, I'm not sure - but it is something that people have been asking for quite a while on their carries.

Frankly, I'm so sick of these constantly reused game mechanics getting tossed on items. What is the point of Fizz, MF, and other champions having the ability to inflict grievous wounds. There are about 20 other items that do it as well. And now phantom dancer ignores unit collision. I get that Fizz and Hecarim won't be (at least shouldn't be) buying a phantom dancer but it still irritates me.

Lulu or I Feed

11-10-2012

So now that you know it's been changed for TT, are you going to change BoRK back for SR or maybe just rename the new old BoRK as Madreds or something?