Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
36 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
he posted about jungle karth that he is even better now with new items and new camps
Well that's not necessarily true. I'm actually unsure of his overall power level.

What I do know is that he has one of the fastest clears but he gets dangerously low. The new items certainly help him out and the increased rewards means there is a higher possibility of reaching nuclear status from the jungle.

CapJackSparrow1

Recruiter

11-10-2012

Statikk,

What do you think about the Counter jungling now? Now that the new jungle is harder to do its much more benificial to wait for the enemy jungler to get low while jungling and kill him rather than jungle in his own jungle, with the early kill and the free buffs it will make it much more easier to clear jungle, So it will be more beinifical to just camp the jungle bushes and wait for the jungler to get low and then kill him and get away with the buffs.

Velico

11-10-2012

No troll, but I really would love to have a viable jungle Teemo. Is it any easier for him on the new jungle build?

NotBuzzJack

11-10-2012

Can Vlad and Leblanc actually clear the jungle now? Cause on live Vlad can't jungle period, like he just kills himself there.

Hai as Balls

11-10-2012

So can I actually use my Rumble in the Jungle skin as it was intended? In the Jungle?

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
37 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurok View Post
How is Eve in the new jungle? She isn't that great the first couple levels on Live and her Q isn't very good on the wraith camp.

Is starting at red with boots + pots for a level 2 gank still doable?
She's honestly not in a great spot at the moment in terms of jungling. We had to tune her with a razor's edge due to her stealth gank potential in the old jungle and that makes her have a very difficult time in this new jungle. Fortunately, Eve has found viability in mid lane so it's not like she's completely out of options. Will probably revisit her if there is a need to.

Walram Amani

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatFatCat1 View Post
This might change the stratgeties for most junglers
I doubt it'll change mine. Warwick jungling for the win

CoolHandJack

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, not really.

Let's be clear. The stated goal of increasing the diversity of jungle viable does not equate to us wanting every champion to be able to jungle.

Champions like Leona and Talon were intended and designed to have roles elsewhere in the game. This is why for example Talon's Q bleed does not work on jungle monsters.

As an unfortunate side effect of these jungle changes, we will probably be killing off some of the current off-the-wall non-optimal junglers. At the same time, we're probably creating new ones. It's honestly give-and-take here.
NOOO!! If Talon could jungle, he would be the funnest jungler ever!

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

btw, statikk, about getting low, you probably killed mundo who already gets low in the current jungle since he should hold burning agony toggled much longer now.
well, may be mundo will clear with infected cleaver or masochism now, or may be jungle mundo is gone which will be sad.

yoshiwaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Thanks for putting in all the time to answer the questions in this thread Statikk, I know a lot of us are very interested and invested in these changes.

1 jungler that I (and stonewall!) like to use is Jayce. At the moment he's only really able to jungle with a wicked blue and wolves leash, otherwise he just burns through his HP too quickly. He's kind of borderline as is, but he brings a lot to the table if you are running a poke comp.

Will it be possible to jungle with Jayce? I'm thinking the extra procs on the new machette item from his ranged W might be good...