Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhySheCries

11-10-2012

How is leona jungle? Its already really slow but with great ganks. With the changes is it doable at all?

TheOneHawk

11-10-2012

Awesome. I love that sad little mummy. Just bought a skin for him like 30 seconds ago, first ever skin buy.

I worked hard for that money, dammit Riot. Why you make fun game?

Shadophile

11-10-2012

Statikk,
Regarding the changes being made to the jungle, what will a champ like Talon expect to find when in the jungle. I have seen and occasionally play Talon in the jungle, while his ganks and high burst make for an amazing gank when successful, I do find that his mana usage is quite high, and his sustain is very low early game. Generally, both Blue and Red need to be leashed and golems provide a challenge in the early levels of the jungle.

How does he fair in the new jungle with the changes?

sundown

11-10-2012

More difficulties on level 2 ganks = slows the game down. Season 3 sounds like a farm fest, 60min a game, game. gg riot.

Weissy the Calm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySheCries View Post
How is leona jungle? Its already really slow but with great ganks. With the changes is it doable at all?
I actually asked Xyph a similar thing in his thread due to the removal of HoG. Unless there is something else that gives health she can build, I don't think she'll much of a place on SR anymore outside j4 + leona lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weissy the Calm View Post
I posted this a while ago but I wanted to bring it up again.

Removing HoG will make Leona a lot weaker in bot lane. She doesn't needs Philo Stone as much as HoG due to her 'All in' play style and the other two passive gold gain items do nothing for her. She doesn't need AP and crit chance is useless on her.

This, combined with the new jungle changes, seems like it will also ruin what little you can do with jungle Leona as well. She already has a lot of trouble in the jungle until she gets a Wriggle's.

If there isn't some health item that Leona can build while effectively accruing gold, she won't really have a place anywhere anymore.

Kyrios0Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Have you done comparisons to test if the current GP/10 stacking is more effective than the new jungle items? It seems like any jungler that can clear without buying into them would scale insanely with buying philo/HoG and farming the more valuable jungle. Will any of the new jungle items have stats/actives that directly contribute to a gank attempt? If the new jungle means someone could get philo early and then quickly farm to Shurelya's, that seems like a recipe for scary ganks.

Spiderbull

11-10-2012

How's Elise in the new jungle?

Renekton jungle viable?

killingfame

11-10-2012

worst idea ever... well looks like my good old lee sin is going to have to be retired for now. what total bs... >.> lee is my favorite jungler and the camps early game are hard enough as it is. this sucks.

NaiXelm

11-10-2012

soraka queen of the jungle

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
35 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySheCries View Post
No, not really.

Let's be clear. The stated goal of increasing the diversity of jungle viable does not equate to us wanting every champion to be able to jungle.

Champions like Leona and Talon were intended and designed to have roles elsewhere in the game. This is why for example Talon's Q bleed does not work on jungle monsters.

As an unfortunate side effect of these jungle changes, we will probably be killing off some of the current off-the-wall non-optimal junglers. At the same time, we're probably creating new ones. It's honestly give-and-take here.