Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
31 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyCapital View Post
Will there be an upgrade for Hunterís Machete that's aimed at AD casters like Riven?
Yes, the 3rd upgrade for the Spirit Stone is focused on AD casters. Unfortunately it does bring a small amount of Mana Regen on it that it inherits from upgrading out of the Spirit Stone which can kind of leave a sour taste in most non-mana champions' mouths, but overall it should be a pretty solid item for junglers who want to focus on building up their AD.

IS13f753f426e64c

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyCapital View Post
Will there be an upgrade for Hunterís Machete that's aimed at AD casters like Riven?
Why would there need to be one? As mentioned by Statikk, Hunter's Machete deals % and bonus true damage through all Auto Attacks AND spells (excluding those with true damage, e.g. Reckless Swing), so Riven's spells will proc the spec of this as-well.

And anyway, it's not like she needs a buff other than this anyway :P

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
32 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittal View Post
This might seem out of nowhere. But with farm junglers becoming stronger, is there any chance for Mordekaiser to be able to jungle? He can clear camps at an awesome speed, but Spirit Stone gives mana regen, so I don't know if jungle itemisation does anything for manaless mages.
What skill build and clear route does a jungle Morde do on Live currently?

I just tried a solo run with him myself and was fairly impressed with the results (was expecting him to fall flat on his face), and I don't think I'm optimizing him to his potential as he's pretty out of the ordinary as a jungler.

If you can make some recommendations I would like to continue testing to see his viability.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

will jungle nidalee be viable with that new machete? i wish -_-

Lostshard

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Yes, the 3rd upgrade for the Spirit Stone is focused on AD casters. Unfortunately it does bring a small amount of Mana Regen on it that it inherits from upgrading out of the Spirit Stone which can kind of leave a sour taste in most non-mana champions' mouths, but overall it should be a pretty solid item for junglers who want to focus on building up their AD.
Thanks for all the item hints

knightfall777

11-10-2012

Sorry but so many people have asked about this, please tell us how well shyvanna does in the new jungle.

Already seems Hecarim my other favorite jungler might have problems at first. Shyvanna has all aoe for strong jungling, and no sustain. Please let us know about that, and thanks for all the replies to the community

TheOneHawk

11-10-2012

Lot of people asking about individual champions, figure I might as well toss in my favourite.

How's Amumu faring? Right now I honestly think he's overpowered, strong clear, strong earlygame ganks, super strong initiate lategame. Does the nerf to AOE damage bring him back in line a bit?

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
33 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfall777 View Post
Sorry but so many people have asked about this, please tell us how well shyvanna does in the new jungle.

Already seems Hecarim my other favorite jungler might have problems at first. Shyvanna has all aoe for strong jungling, and no sustain. Please let us know about that, and thanks for all the replies to the community
Shyvana is still one of the fastest clearers but she doesn't do it safely. The increased gold and experience certainly helps her out since a farmed Shyvana can carry games.

joelph2

11-10-2012

How does Nunu fair in the new jungle? At the moment, I can run him with pots + boots, and only have to use one pot whilst in the jungle, UNLESS a gank goes horrible, and i'm forced to use another.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
34 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneHawk View Post
Lot of people asking about individual champions, figure I might as well toss in my favourite.

How's Amumu faring? Right now I honestly think he's overpowered, strong clear, strong earlygame ganks, super strong initiate lategame. Does the nerf to AOE damage bring him back in line a bit?
Amumu is still one of the fastest clearers despite being primarily AoE mainly because no matter how much Health we give the jungle monsters, Despair damage just scales with it anyway.

Amumu's early clear has always been unsafe and can be exploited. This will probably continue in the new jungle.

If Amumu makes it to late game with sufficient farm, he's really a monster. So the item additions and increased rewards certainly help with his mid to late game endeavors.

Overall, Amumu still seems like he will be very powerful.