Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WishMeLux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Xypherous,

You, Sir, are a beast. Epic thread, man. Just Epic

Thank you.

Opreich

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I say Master Yi / Tryndamere / Fiora.
AD Sion!

Riot never seems to consider him a melee carry.

Yet he is probably the closest character to Dota melee carries.

Tengen Toppa

11-10-2012

Thanks for replying to my Rammus point. I realise that these changes will change the balance of pretty much every champion in the game, but for the more obvious cases, such as Rammus, will there be any pre-emptive buffs made to the champions, or will the buffs only start coming in after the new items have been implemented?

Also, will burst casters be getting any love in the forseeable future? I very rarely saw Annie/Veigar and the DFG nerf made them even less desirable.

Please give some good news for once to a Rammus and Annie main D:

Glass of Milk

11-10-2012

How does the new Sightstone affect early-mid game jungle pressure? It seems to cost enough that early game won't be saturated with wards everywhere, but what have you seen in testing?

I'm just worried that the new slower/less ganky jungle will be even more passive if ward saturation can be achieved earlier.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
46 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
However ganking will now be impossible on the bottom lane, making it so much harder for junglers to stop the AD carries from snowballing, or even just helping their team mates.

I liked the changes until you announced Sightstone, That change just pushed everything full circle and you're now back to square one.
A couple points on this specific note:

1. There are three spots you need to cover all the gank paths into a lane.

2. There are ganking attempts that you can perform that basically just goes through the lane, regardless of vision. They generally have a lower success rate - but they are available.

3. Sightstone can't be obtained early enough to stop the first jungle gank at 4:30 to 5:00 and if it's rushed as a first item - the support in lane will have a slower but safer start. The least costly time it takes for Sightstone to be turned on is about the 10 minute mark - by then the laning phase should be winding down.

Quote:
How does the new Sightstone affect early-mid game jungle pressure? It seems to cost enough that early game won't be saturated with wards everywhere, but what have you seen in testing?

I'm just worried that the new slower/less ganky jungle will be even more passive if ward saturation can be achieved earlier.
We've generally found that Sightstone and Pink wards have this interesting battle of dominance in lane. Basically, you have to coordinate ganks a little better. You pink their ward and counter-gank their blindspot if they choose to reward.

Additionally, the fact that Sighstone caps you at having two wards out at once makes it extremely desire-able if at all possible to play in a way that minimizes the risk of the third gank path, rather than cutting it off entirely by buying additional wards.

turkeyBACON

11-10-2012

Is there any chance that you would consider changing thornemail so its return damage doesn't scale off the attacker's damage but how much armor you have? And while were granting my wishes, can it please be built out of chainmail and negatron cloak and return damage to attack damage to both magic and attack damage scaling off your resistances?

Thomas HypeTrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Lost, but not forgotten.

Choleng

11-10-2012

@Xypherous will ionic spark still be available in dominion since it was originally made for dominion and was one of the crossover items?

TinyShrimpFan

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
A couple points on this specific note:

1. There are three spots you need to cover all the gank paths into a lane.

2. There are ganking attempts that you can perform that basically just goes through the lane, regardless of vision. They generally have a lower success rate - but they are available.

3. Sightstone can't be obtained early enough to stop the first jungle gank at 4:30 to 5:00 and if it's rushed as a first item - the support in lane will have a slower but safer start. The least costly time it takes for Sightstone to be turned on is about the 10 minute mark - by then the laning phase should be winding down.
Can you not ignore my question about Ionic spark please.

hashinshin

11-10-2012

You know, Phage tends to be bought because "hey, health, damage, and the ability to CC! These are all things I love as a Bruiser!" However, some champions like Darius just want the Health and Damage and couldn't really care about prolonged use and would rather itemize in to more health, damage, or other.

If you nerf phage which should probably happen (needs to go to a debuff stack system, no more first hit phages) will you introduce a like-item for people not too interested in a phage where most of the gold is stat towards the proc?