Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Will there be an alternative to Manamune for ADs who want mana? I really would love to see an AD version of the unholy grail.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Not quite.

Heart of Gold wouldn't be that bad if it was a Support only item. It provides decent health and GP/10 for them in a very vicious lane.

However, Heart of Gold warps the laning phase in a pretty toxic way because it provides ubiquitous gold gain and health. By giving you raw gold generation and also making you harder to burst - it lets you incur advantage by taking zero action and also discourages action from the opponent due to how much harder it is.

This echoes both in bot lane, top lane and jungle. Since inactivity is pushing you ahead, you actually want to starve and stall for as long as possible. You don't actually want anything to happen since inaction will put you farther and farther ahead.
While not nearly as egregious, doesn't Sunfire cape have the same issues? That is, it provides an advantage by not doing anything; it's just a free 40 DPS for being near someone in addition to making you extremely durable against physical damage--I don't think this would be as much of a problem if sunfire was more offense oriented (ie: an AS or AD item) instead of defensive.

Angry juju

11-10-2012

Quote:
Not quite.

Heart of Gold wouldn't be that bad if it was a Support only item. It provides decent health and GP/10 for them in a very vicious lane.

However, Heart of Gold warps the laning phase in a pretty toxic way because it provides ubiquitous gold gain and health. By giving you raw gold generation and also making you harder to burst - it lets you incur advantage by taking zero action and also discourages action from the opponent due to how much harder it is.

This echoes both in bot lane, top lane and jungle. Since inactivity is pushing you ahead, you actually want to starve and stall for as long as possible. You don't actually want anything to happen since inaction will put you farther and farther ahead.
However ganking will now be impossible on the bottom lane, making it so much harder for junglers to stop the AD carries from snowballing, or even just helping their team mates.

I liked the changes until you announced Sightstone, That change just pushed everything full circle and you're now back to square one.

Titan Tactics

11-10-2012

I can see interest in attackspeed + % on hit, how are these remakes Xypherous...

(New) Madred's Bloodrazor
25% Attack Speed
2% Magic Damage
UNIQUE Passive : On basic attack or ability use increases your Magic Damage by 1% and Attack Speed 10% for 4 seconds (effect stacks up to 4 times).

*Remove Jungler need to grab interest
*More adjustable cost
*Moves toward active play versus passive play to receive the best results.
__________________________________________________ ________________

(New) Ionic Spark
+60% Attackspeed
UNIQUE Passive : 35% Chance to unleash a chain of lightning, dealing 125 magic damage to up to 4 targets.

*Removes early game HP dominance and late game fallout of HP boost
*Provides on-hit affect champions a chance type item of magic damage instead of physical damage which Critical Strikes are more inclined. (the difference is critical strikes can be increased in damage with other items while this remains the same)
*Eliminates the issue of requiring 4 hits to get a result, some champions would be willing to take the risk and could get the result on the first or second blow depending on luck. (and luck is part of LoL play already with Crit Chance for AD's not AS/On-hit)

Cronovey

11-10-2012

A couple questions!

First of all, what is going to happen to Kitae's Bloodrazor? Also being removed, or reworked in some way?

Second, you mentioned a tank version of a Sheen upgrade earlier! Any word on this or is this hush hush you'll disappear if you reveal stuff? I posted a few months back in the Item Discussion forums wondering about a Sheen upgrade that would give an Armor/MR buff on next hit...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2371579

Also, any word on the other Tenacity items and making them more desirable? My thread also compared their usefulness compared to Mercury's Treads and other items that could be purchased in the same slot that would give similar stats to what they would lose by just buying Merc's instead; after looking at the comparison, I was actually very sad for other Tenacity pieces.

[Edit] One thing I forgot; any word on a toggle for Sunfire Cape? Really sad that I'll accidentally get tower aggro just trying to push, or that I may accidentally pull Baron if I get too close to clear a ward, pull random jungle camps and take unnecessary damage, etc.

ImYurpian

11-10-2012

Quote:
Thornmail offers pure armor and a very smooth build-up into that armor. Being able to go Cloth Armor into Chain Vest is a very powerful build-path that wastes no time in getting to that 100 armor. The major advantage of Thornmail has generally been the ability to get all the armor and to get it without needing to spend gold on any other statistic along the way.
Thornmail isnt good. If you want the armor you just buy 2 chainvests and tabi and will have more armor than thornmail, which doesnt do that much damage anyway. The attackspeed slow and chance to slow from FH and Randuins (and the active) are much better than the damage you get from thornmail anyway, if you wanted damage you are better off building some. The only champion that can benefit from the item is rammus, but he is obsolete anyway and with the jungle getting harder i dont see him coming back soon.

tempnameA461

11-10-2012

Hey guys.
Let's remove HoG in order to prevent a tactic against an opponent that's stronger than you and scales better than you, aaaaaaand...
Not fix Udyr.

Quartaroy

11-10-2012

Why wouldn't a true anti-tank item be viable?

Let's propose MBR now does damage by REVERSING someone's resistances. The more armor you build, the closer to true damage it approaches. Alas, now you can have it do a measly 0.5% life on a squishy target, but 5% damage on a tanky target.

Pulsefire Mundo

11-10-2012

Quote:
Unique Passive: +76 Magic Resistance?
Unique Passive: +X% movement speed.
I was referring to MR when I asked about nerfs, as you keep saying that FoN destroyed mages (did anyone actually see FoN being rushed in top level matches?). So why exactly its MR cannot just be nerfed?

Bleatmop

11-10-2012

Quote:
It's essentially a super slow and super safe way to achieve dominance over your opponent in a slow grindy fashion. When mass wards become powerful - the thing I'm worried about is actually teams wanting to use black-out tactics and take a million years doing so.
Is it just me, or does that sound like it was directed at CLG.na by anyone else