Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I have no idea. I tried. Time will tell.
Care to share at least one of the items that might help or am I going to have to wait? =p

Also thanks for all your time answering my barrage of questions; I'm a theory-crafter by nature.

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Thornmail offers pure armor and a very smooth build-up into that armor. Being able to go Cloth Armor into Chain Vest is a very powerful build-path that wastes no time in getting to that 100 armor. The major advantage of Thornmail has generally been the ability to get all the armor and to get it without needing to spend gold on any other statistic along the way.
But both Clorth Armor into Chain Vest also build into Randulins or FH. Unless you are viewing Thornmail as a mid-game item, I don't see a reason to ever go for it aside from the gold cost being less.

Heck, upgrading the chain vest quickly into a Warden's Mail is cheaper and could probably compete with Thornmail if you are looking at prolonging your life against ADs. And it costs less.

John McGuirk

11-10-2012

Quote:
Limited wards doesn't solve this - as our concern isn't primarily about the amount of vision on the map but who has to pay the cost for the vision on the map.
Limited wards could solve the problem of supports having too large of a ward bill, though. There would only be so much money a support could spend on vision. Even though it addresses support gold as a secondary issue, it does solve it.

When you say that your concern isn't primarily about the amount of vision on the map, do you mean that amount of vision on the map is a concern, but not the primary one you are trying to solve with Sightstone, or isn't a concern at all?

Steven Mcburn

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Care to share at least one of the items that might help or am I going to have to wait? =p
Here's an item that won't:

BoTRK.

Gl getting kited by every single ranged carry in the game with that debuff.

IS19abb317d9baed497b971

11-10-2012

Quote:
There is an item that gives 100% attack speed.

For a very very short time.
Which reminds me that elise's spider W is still glitched in the sense that the first attack doesn't have increased AS, which cuts up to 1/3 of the duration of the spell.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
45 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
"We don't like how every support builds Heart of Gold, so we're removing it"

"We're adding a new item called Sightstone that removes the need to buy wards, a must buy for every support"

Riot logic.
Not quite.

Heart of Gold wouldn't be that bad if it was a Support only item. It provides decent health and GP/10 for them in a very vicious lane.

However, Heart of Gold warps the laning phase in a pretty toxic way because it provides ubiquitous gold gain and health. By giving you raw gold generation and also making you harder to burst - it lets you incur advantage by taking zero action and also discourages action from the opponent due to how much harder it is.

This echoes both in bot lane, top lane and jungle. Since inactivity is pushing you ahead, you actually want to starve and stall for as long as possible. You don't actually want anything to happen since inaction will put you farther and farther ahead.

Quote:
When you say that your concern isn't primarily about the amount of vision on the map, do you mean that amount of vision on the map is a concern, but not the primary one you are trying to solve with Sightstone, or isn't a concern at all?
It's not a concern for me how much vision is on the map mostly because the maximal abuse case for vision has already been established - mass ward everywhere all the time. While this has generally been pretty bad - the time and ability it takes to completely black out your opponent's vision is the actual flaw with the mass vision setup. The possibility that you can black out your opponent and gain full vision meant that the best play was to starve the opposing support by killing the ward over and over again without taking action. By removing the ability to black out your opponent like this, we force teams that stalemate to try to break the stalemate through other means than the massive vision / counter-vision wars.

It's essentially a super slow and super safe way to achieve dominance over your opponent in a slow grindy fashion. When mass wards become powerful - the thing I'm worried about is actually teams wanting to use black-out tactics and take a million years doing so.

DreamLeviathan

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by romagiaUS View Post
Which reminds me that elise's spider W is still glitched in the sense that the first attack doesn't have increased AS, which cuts up to 1/3 of the duration of the spell.
This is actually a pretty system wide thing, not really specific to Elise. They supposedly fixed it and it showed up in the patch notes... but from what I heard, something went horribly wrong and the fix somehow steroided towers so they reverted it.

Second attempt at it is probably upcoming. Possibly in Zed patch? But no clue. It's presumably being worked on though!

...I hope my memory's not off about any of this. Trying to find the specific red post I thought I saw would be... difficult.

Lukino

11-10-2012

So do you believe catalyst as a requirement for BV is fine? Seems quite awkward, specially the later the game gets.
Also thank you for all the responses you are giving to the community! Specially at this time of night!

Izzabelle

11-10-2012

are there any new GP/10 items coming into play in the new season with the removal of HoG? Or will it just be Philo, Avarice, and Kage's?

Will Avarice and Kage's have more build options available? Will there be more supports/champs who will benefit more from taking Kage's or Avarice before Philo?

Versag0

11-10-2012

What about Udyr on the top lane? unit collision hurts so much udyr, and he wont build pd... will be another option to build unit collision?. sorry for the poor english.