Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Speaking of Phage, any chance of bringing Entropy over to rift (or TT)?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
41 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
I have no problem with the toggle; that makes 100% sense to me, it's the "x% of your current mana" that I don't understand---if your mana is low, aren't you just going to toggle it off to begin with? Likewise, are you ever really going to have low mana with manamune on an AD character from using your abilities (especially in conjunction with proper toggling).
Kind of - But toggle play is one of those weird APM sink kind of skills that we don't want to overbalance around. We kind of want to be able to tune the effect based on the assumption its up all the time - rather than how skilled the player is at managing toggles.

Quote:
Speaking of Phage, any chance of bringing Entropy over to rift (or TT)?
SR already has red buff - so I doubt Entropy will cross over. Don't know about TT.

Entropy is Red Buff on a BFS.

Lukino

11-10-2012

A quick question if you have the time to respond to:

Why aren't there any defensive items that provide an easy route to health/MR? Banshee's veil is nice and all, but the catalyst prerequisite is kind of awkward at most stages.
Also, you removed FoN because it "countered mages too hard"... Is that to say FH doesn't counter AD as hard?

Deresia

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Sorry to say, but Phage is actually grossly overpowered right now. :P

This definitely might happen. If it does, you should let us know. Champion balance will be in flux after these changes and some champions might need help. We're redoing itemization to get a better system to balance champions around.
I agree that it is strong. I meant to ask you for your thoughts on whether it is in an awkward place from a design perspective (randomness which seems to be frowned upon).

MrBubbIes0

11-10-2012

Quote:
Yeah, Phantom Dancer has had its' statistics extensively
On the plus side, it now has Ignore Unit Collision on it though. How useful that passive is, I'm not sure - but it is something that people have been asking for quite a while on their carries.
Seriously man ???? You are giving champion unique passives to items now? Why on earth would i even want to play hecarim or fizz then when every champion in game will be able to use my passive as an item with increased stats ? These champions relied on their passives to harrass in lane by running through minions to damage enemies and retreating while their enemy stumbles in minion waves... now what???

And seriously why the hell the RANGED AD carries would need ignored unit collision bonus ?? Their job is to last hit and farm the minions not run through them, and unit collision is a problem for MELEE champions not the ranged ones lol. Why on earth would Graves / Caitlyn / Ezreal etc etc need ignored unit collision?? They are ranged for a reason !!!

Yes, top laners can build it too but is not a core item like the AD carry itemization and your excuse "the AD carries have been asking for it for a long time" is simply ridiculous.

But i guess rushing it on top lane Udyr would finally make him viable again since you can't fix his bear stance for peanuts..

p.s. P.D Singed + Rammus Inc ....

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Any chance of an Innervating Locket remake happening? It was hinted at before season 2 started, and then absolutely nothing about it has been said.

Titan Tactics

11-10-2012

Quote:
Well, the Black Cleaver rework pretty much removes the current Black Cleaver from the game - it just keeps the name because it accomplishes something similar.

So doing what you'd suggest pretty much removes the current MBR from the game... which is.. basically the same result.

I could rename Blade of the Ruined King 'Madred's Bloodrazor' on Summoner's Rift if you'd like.

Xypherous you remind me of Sherlock Holmes from Elementary, the new cbs show. You're very logical in your reasoning and straight forward with the weaknesses in current items, I like that.

Here's the thing, I could see some champions wanting an attackspeed + % hp damage instead so, check this out..

(New) Madred's Bloodrazor
25% Attack Speed
2% Magic Damage
UNIQUE Passive : On basic attack or ability use increases your Magic Damage by 1% and Attack Speed 10% for 4 seconds (effect stacks up to 4 times).

*Remove Jungler need to grab interest
*More adjustable cost
*Moves toward active play versus passive play to receive the best results.
__________________________________________________ ________________

(New) Ionic Spark
+60% Attackspeed
UNIQUE Passive : 35% Chance to unleash a chain of lightning, dealing 125 magic damage to up to 4 targets.

*Removes early game HP dominance and late game fallout of HP boost
*Provides on-hit affect champions a chance type item of magic damage instead of physical damage which Critical Strikes are more inclined. (the difference is critical strikes can be increased in damage with other items while this remains the same)
*Eliminates the issue of requiring 4 hits to get a result, some champions would be willing to take the risk and could get the result on the first or second blow depending on luck. (and luck is part of LoL play already with Crit Chance for AD's not AS/On-hit)

Thanks for reading and your doing great so far Xypherous,
GuardiansAngel

Lukino

11-10-2012

Just a couple of quick questions:
Will there be any new health/MR defensive items? Banshees veil does provide this, but tbh, the catalyst prerequisite is kind of clunky and not all champions can use spirit visage.
Also, you stated FoN "countered mages too hard"... Is that too say Frozen Heart doesn't do the same to AD? Does this also mean that MR is of more value then armor?

Quartaroy

11-10-2012

Quote:
The problem with MBR is that it looks like a counter-item to tanks - but in all actuality, IE + PD is a far far better counter to tanks than MBR's % maximum health damage ever will.
Understanding why this is NOT an anti-tank item brings to question... why not build a true anti-tank item?

If MBR is countered by magic resist, then make it true damage. Alas, now it hurts squishies even more. So consider this...

MBR now does damage by REVERSING someone resistances. The more armor you build, the closer to true damage it approaches. Alas, now you can have it do a measly 0.5% life on a squishy target, but 5% damage on a tanky target.

Fox P McCloud

11-10-2012

Quote:
Kind of - But toggle play is one of those weird APM sink kind of skills that we don't want to overbalance around. We kind of want to be able to tune the effect based on the assumption its up all the time - rather than how skilled the player is at managing toggles.
I edited my post, but you were too fast to reply XD

I guess I don't care about the current mana thing so much as I care about the damage it will deal---what about the 2x multiplier increasing in such a way that even if you're at half mana as it would as having max mana? Ie: the multiplier would increase from 2x at full mana to 4x at 50% mana---so effectively, your DPS with it is always the same.