Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BFIceBrand

11-10-2012

@ Xypherous please reply to my post because I put a lot in to trying to discuss with you. Concerning the MBR,..

ChickenWrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-10-2012

Will there be any items released with interesting actives, like suppressions or silences? You talk about itemization, would this mean that, say, an Ahri could get an item that can root a target in place with suppression, wail on them, and then charm them? Or are you not planning on releasing anything along those lines?

Jenna Hazee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

You don't have to say ANY specifics, but are there any new items for burst casters? With the removal of deathfire a lot of champs have a void that needs to be filled. Veigar/Annie/Kassadin for example.

CooLTanG

Master Recruiter

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Well, the Black Cleaver rework pretty much removes the current Black Cleaver from the game - it just keeps the name because it accomplishes something similar.

So doing what you'd suggest pretty much removes the current MBR from the game... which is.. basically the same result.

I could rename Blade of the Ruined King 'Madred's Bloodrazor' on Summoner's Rift if you'd like.

Ghostblade + Last Whisper and ask someone on your team to get Black Cleaver. GO GO ARMOR SHRED!
Sorry, u died to thornmail + their damage, gg since thornmail scales off ur Total AD, not the damage they get, u died.

Easykill78

11-10-2012

sucks some of those sucks

Tengen Toppa

11-10-2012

Harder jungle, no HoG, no strong MR item. Goodbye Rammus.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
40 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Where does Phage lie? Isn't it in an awkward place? % chance to slow has no reliability and one of the more popular alternatives was 'after x number of attacks you get to slow the enemy,' but doesn't that have the same result as Spark? What are you doing with Phage?
Sorry to say, but Phage is actually grossly overpowered right now. :P

Quote:
Harder jungle, no HoG, no strong MR item. Goodbye Rammus.
This definitely might happen. If it does, you should let us know. Champion balance will be in flux after these changes and some champions might need help. We're redoing itemization to get a better system to balance champions around.

Fox P McCloud

11-10-2012

Quote:
Two reasons for that Toggle:

1. It makes regenerating Mana feel like it has a point at all times, for determining important pacing things like going back to base or getting blue buff.'
2. It mostly ensures that you'll always have the mana to cast your spells in the first place - as if you're running low on mana - you'll never accidentally burn enough such that you can't cast that last spell.
I have no problem with the toggle; that makes 100% sense to me, it's the "x% of your current mana" (instead of max) that I don't understand---if your mana is low, aren't you just going to toggle it off to begin with? Sure, there's accidental scenarios of "I left it on by accident", but this is a skill thing. What about percent of current mana, but the damage multiplier steadily increases as your mana drops so that the damage on hit is always the same?

On that note, how will manamune work on people like TF and Poppy where their auto-attack, for a single attack, is more or less a spell? Will it proc it on the spell portion and auto-attac portion, or will it only proc on one or the other?

Quote:
For BoRK - it does current % health damage because when we tested it BoRK was really really really strong. We might need to make a variant for BoRK on SR that makes a little more sense for the map.
Gotcha, thanks.

Lostshard

11-10-2012

Quote:
Sorry to say, but Phage is actually grossly overpowered right now. :P
Incoming nerf bat for S3? or some S3 buffs we dont know about

Elite Midget

11-10-2012

I eagerly look forward to the next season...