Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lostshard

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Please don't, Blade of the Ruined King is more appropriate---it's not a razor, after all =p

Also, could we discuss Manamune and Blade's passives; why were both designed with diminishing DPS over time? This seems counter-intuitive to what AD oriented characters who auto-attack a lot would want.

It makes less sense on manamune than BotRK, IMO---I think a lot of players would prefer to drain their mana faster, but deal consistently high DPS than to always have the passive on, but it becoming effectually useless at low mana.
Blade Passive was designed that way so that they deal great damage to high health champions and squishy targets would not be hurt was much. This way it counters bruiser play and lets carry/assassin have a way to counter them.

TransYorKer

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
We like the concept of a character being able to 'overward' for his team - but we didn't like the fact that it put this character at a bad spot. Limited wards doesn't solve this - as our concern isn't primarily about the amount of vision on the map but who has to pay the cost for the vision on the map.
Did you watch the ward war of clg.eu vs WE on S2 final?
Will there be SOME more true sight or reveal invisibility items?

I like your RENAME statement, same goes for HoG, just rename it like Heart of Sight.

Michalc

11-10-2012

Quote:
Ionic Spark only fully synergizes with one or two champions (Shen, Gangplank)
Wickd and his Irelia laughed at this for sure.
----
After removing HoG, what are manaless champs, which wanted to build gp/5 (such as Shen, for example) are supposed to build? I doubt to see Kages/Philo on most top champs. Imo only thing HoG removal brings in the game, is making champions ****ed-up in picks (beeing counterpicked), having even harder lane phase. Wasnt Elixir of Agility removed for the purpose of making chances to rise up for the lost bot lane? Youre doing something completly opposite right now, there on top.
I am sorry for the eventual mistakes in post, its not my native language.

Fairness

11-10-2012

How do you feel about items with cool actives such as *really* short term stealth or something?

Oh and how do you feel about an item like Aghanim's Scepter?

Lostshard

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitykins View Post
Essentially, by removing some of these items, you intentionally pidgeonhole certain champions into static build paths. See new Irelia build with Ionic Spark. Be honest, Irelia can't do anything with the new Tiamat, I don't care what it is, unless its recipe has recurve bow/zeal. You are forcing Irelia players to go back to TF, GA, Wit's End, Randuin's. For removing FoN, you are FORCING Singed players to build whatever new stuff you have cooked up. I am very sad about the removal of these items.
There is a plethora of items they have yet to reveal next week. They are revealing portions to have more of an impact and not flood us with data (although some of us want that )

Varxtis

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob000 View Post
The flaw in your reasoning is that magic damage isn't worth the 41 gold that a point of ad is. It doesn't scale with crit, lifesteal or ability ratios.
Ah and is malady? How about wits end? Yet they are frequently bought for the magic damage portion.

So lets use your logic and reasoning though, Lets say its not worth 41 per magic damage, lets say its worth half that; 21 per magic damage sounds fair right? Well I said the efficiency before was 2400. So lets lower the efficiency by 20 x 80 and see where it stands shall we? 20 x 80 = 1600.
2400-1600 = 800.

So madreds blood razor would still have a 800 efficiency if the magic damage was worth 21 per rather than 41!.

Math is just grand! ain't it?!

Groxxy

11-10-2012

Quote:
Well, the Black Cleaver rework pretty much removes the current Black Cleaver from the game - it just keeps the name because it accomplishes something similar.

So doing what you'd suggest pretty much removes the current MBR from the game... which is.. basically the same result.

I could rename Blade of the Ruined King 'Madred's Bloodrazor' on Summoner's Rift if you'd like.

Ghostblade + Last Whisper and ask someone on your team to get Black Cleaver. GO GO ARMOR SHRED!

Xeph, I would just like to say thanks for staying up late and giving us all this information.
Much appreciated.

Deresia

11-10-2012

Where does Phage lie? Isn't it in an awkward place? % chance to slow has no reliability and one of the more popular alternatives was 'after x number of attacks you get to slow the enemy,' but doesn't that have the same result as Spark? What are you doing with Phage?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
39 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
I think a lot of players would prefer to drain their mana faster, but deal consistently high DPS than to always have the passive on, but it becoming effectually useless at low mana.
Two reasons for that Toggle:

1. It makes regenerating Mana feel like it has a point at all times, for determining important pacing things like going back to base or getting blue buff.'
2. It mostly ensures that you'll always have the mana to cast your spells in the first place - as if you're running low on mana - you'll never accidentally burn enough such that you can't cast that last spell.

For BoRK - it does current % health damage because when we tested it BoRK was really really really strong. We might need to make a variant for BoRK on SR that makes a little more sense for the map.

Salganos

11-10-2012

Quote:
Generally, we've found that CDR is actually an annoying stat to put everywhere due to the fact that CDR caps at 40%. We have to be very careful about putting CDR on items - because while it's desirable statistics, it makes the items fight each other for space even more so.

An item that doesn't have CDR on it can basically stand on its own because it doesn't fight for space in your CDR cap.
Are there any plans to experiment with different forms of CDR scaling, i.e.: linear (and possibly dynamic) scaling of cooldown speeds rather than the current inverse scaling?

With the current system, small amounts of CDR, like on RO, tend to feel useless on their own, but become grossly magnified alongside any larger amount. With a linear system, any similar effective cap would take longer to reach while having those early small amounts count for more. This would also allow for a higher cap without it being trivial to reach, as well as potentially making it easier to make cooldown values interact dynamically with the stat rather only on cast, if desired.