The new Blackfire torch is way to over powered

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

getonmehlvl

11-09-2012

You can go test out this new Blackfire torch on PBE

Blackfire Torch
Item Cost: 2950
Recipe Cost: 700
+70 Ability Power +250 Health
UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: +20 Magic Penetration
UNIQUE Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target champion's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds.Each second burned consumes a charge.One charge is generated each second.

First 70 AP and 250 HP is roughly 2100 in gold, Meaning the 15% CDR/20 magic pen and 5% HP burn effect only cost 850 gold making this item VERY cost efficient. (also worth noting This a gp10 item making it even less)

Another thing you lose 1 charge per a tic every second but you also gain 1 Charge every second these 2 just cancel each other out and you have infinite procs.

Even if you cant gain charges while i'ts on someone The dot will still last for 28 seconds total (there's 25 charges and the dot last 3 seconds so the dot still stays even if you run out of charges)

My suggestion.

Make it 10% CDR 60 AP but also make it 30 magic pen. even with these nerfs it will still be cost efficient and the extra magic pen makes sense, because your upgrading it from a haunting guise. And right now Mages on TT need allot of magic pen sense every bruiser has scaling MR.

You are basically getting 15% FREE cdr from this item, this was one of the main reasons why DFG was op on SR because you got free 15% CDR.

Just my 2 cents

Kalarepa

11-09-2012

I think, thew %dmg needs to scale with AP. Otherwise it will be abused by some Singed or Amumu.
Same with that AD caster item (upgraded from brutalizer, I don't remember the name). As someone said before, it made AD caster viable, but it also made AD bruisers OP.

SaveTheMaids

11-10-2012

Man, that is just...

I'm gonna build that every game if it lasts long enough.

getonmehlvl

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
I think, thew %dmg needs to scale with AP. Otherwise it will be abused by some Singed or Amumu.
Same with that AD caster item (upgraded from brutalizer, I don't remember the name). As someone said before, it made AD caster viable, but it also made AD bruisers OP.
I just think the stats need to change.

Because if it scales it might be useless or OP

Most likely useless early and op late.

Boagster

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonmehlvl View Post
Another thing you lose 1 charge per a tic every second but you also gain 1 Charge every second these 2 just cancel each other out and you have infinite procs.

Even if you cant gain charges while i'ts on someone The dot will still last for 28 seconds total (there's 25 charges and the dot last 3 seconds so the dot still stays even if you run out of charges)
That's assuming a single-target spell. If you have an AoE, which is where people claim (but are wrong to) that the current Blackfire Torch is OP. If you have a heavy AoE champ using it (Amumu and Singed, in particular), then you will run out of charges very quick if it's not a 1v1. I think the mechanic is to stop that exact abuse of the item.

Think about it: The effect will last 25 seconds on a single target, but only 12 seconds with two targets, and 8 seconds on three. 8 • 1.666 = 13.333% of max health. A respectable amount of damage, but that's before resistances. Even the single-target value is 41.65%... over 25 seconds... before resistances.

The stats, though, are indeed a little overboard. I'd be big on dropping either the CDR to 5% or the Magic Pen altogether.

getonmehlvl

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
That's assuming a single-target spell. If you have an AoE, which is where people claim (but are wrong to) that the current Blackfire Torch is OP. If you have a heavy AoE champ using it (Amumu and Singed, in particular), then you will run out of charges very quick if it's not a 1v1. I think the mechanic is to stop that exact abuse of the item.

Think about it: The effect will last 25 seconds on a single target, but only 12 seconds with two targets, and 8 seconds on three. 8 • 1.666 = 13.333% of max health. A respectable amount of damage, but that's before resistances. Even the single-target value is 41.65%... over 25 seconds... before resistances.

The stats, though, are indeed a little overboard. I'd be big on dropping either the CDR to 5% or the Magic Pen altogether.
Dropping the magic pen makes no sense it builds out of haunting guise.

You also gain 1 charge every second so remember that.

On a single target it will last for ever on 2 it will last for 20+ seconds roughly.

Boagster

11-10-2012

Don't play on PBE, so I didn't know they changed the recipe. I'm just using theory. So, yeah, I stand by 5% CDR.

And yes, I admit I forgot to take the charge regeneration into effect. I think my point still stands, though at less strength: it's a mechanic to lower the power of the passive on AoEs while not affecting single-target spells. It might not be enough, though. Did they keep the 50%-effect on AoEs?

pewpewsie

11-10-2012

What else can they do to curtail twisted bruiserline, other than buff caster items?

Nerf bruisers or buff casters?

getonmehlvl

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewsie View Post
What else can they do to curtail twisted bruiserline, other than buff caster items?

Nerf bruisers or buff casters?
Nerf bruisers

Right now the new TT is completely reliant on the altars.

And to have both altars you need early game dominance, which only bruisers have...

Mages usually suck from lvl 1-3 They can not simply put the same dmg as bruisers and be as tanky as them for lvls 1-3

Altars make such a big impact (4+ gold per a minion kill/10% ap/ad)

getonmehlvl

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Don't play on PBE, so I didn't know they changed the recipe. I'm just using theory. So, yeah, I stand by 5% CDR.

And yes, I admit I forgot to take the charge regeneration into effect. I think my point still stands, though at less strength: it's a mechanic to lower the power of the passive on AoEs while not affecting single-target spells. It might not be enough, though. Did they keep the 50%-effect on AoEs?
As far as i can tell they didn't keep the the 50% less dmg on AOE because it's off of a charge system.

And 2 people having this on them for 20~ seconds is quite long fights usually don't last that long.