@Riot... DA HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! (removing FoN)

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-10-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantHam View Post
the real question is, why are you not making me waffles?
Games more interesting. Also easier to keep the weight off (I'd be eating waffles always if I ran a waffle shop). Marginally better economics too, game designers can do OK these days.

- Zileas

Dreampod

11-10-2012

I love FoN and buy it all the time but I'm not upset about them getting rid of it. Why? - because they've said that all the stats it used to provide will still be available on new items. Which is great because sometimes I don't really need the MR but I really want the movespeed and/or the regen - so now I can just buy the movespeed and regen. Sometimes I really need high MR and now I can just buy slot efficient MR without unneeded movespeed or regen. This increases viable builds assuming the new items are both reasonably cost and slot efficient and gets away from the brutal having to save up 1700 gold to go from the only worthwhile individual piece to the rocking final item.

BeastBox

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
So... It looks bad to you because you don't yet have all the information on the cool stuff we are adding.
This is the default answer to half the threads in GD right now.

BraumBackMountin

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezium47 View Post
regen+mr don't really synergize together o.o
You are failing at trolling if you can call this a troll post... MR and regen don't synergize? Lol? OK what next Dmg and crit doesn't synergize with ADC?

Whistles

11-10-2012

This was always a "thoughtful palyers item". Someone who could see the overall value of something that provided sustain, movement speed and teamfight resilience. Sad to see it go, simply such a fine choice on many champs. TBH it might have been too good for its price and how it could change early games for people lucky enough to get one early in game, despite its low-buy rate.

DemiluniS

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportOrFeedTHX View Post
There was nothing confusing about it... it was a great item for Bruisers, tanky people in general, and just a super great item for the movement speed with MR. The items synergized so well on Voli, Mundo, Taric, Leona (like 5th or 6th item), Singed, Olaf, Cho'gath, Garen and so many others... what were you seriously thinking? How is SV a replacement item?? So you give me some cdr... ok cool... and mr.. ok.. wait what? Oh hai I'm Leona and this item has a huge wasted stat on me..can you guess what it is?
from your point it was nothing confusing or bad about the item, some1 who understand nothing in game balance, so just let Riot do what they do

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

I just want an item with % based health regen to exist. That's why I always liked it. The MR and movement speed was a bonus that I could live without if I had to.

BraumBackMountin

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Games more interesting. Also easier to keep the weight off (I'd be eating waffles always if I ran a waffle shop). Marginally better economics too, game designers can do OK these days.

- Zileas
Zil idc about waffles, just want a response to my earlier post, not to sound rude. I know you have this whole counter troll-tactic thing and that's cool. Though some input would be great...

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-10-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adinsx View Post
A suggestion:

Next time, if you (as in, Riot as a whole) are removing an item, reveal it's replacements first. Then you don't end up with as many threads complaining about the removal. As it stands, you are basically front-loading all of the negative feelings associated with item changes, for seemingly no benefit.

Good update teaser:

"We are adding 3 new items for people who like Force of Nature!"

Bad update teaser:

"We are removing your favorite item and we can't tell you what we are replacing it with yet."

It's all about presentation.
We will put out more details over the next week. I feel like we are giving you guys a lot of information, and honestly, if we give too much all at once, a lot of key details are going to get washed out in the noise. So, we get it, MR itemization is needed if we are pulling HON. We will deliver. It will be suitable for the roles you are concerned about

Mäg

11-10-2012

SV? What's that?

12345678 ... 11