Woolet's Witchcap change

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smokeyzulu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Does anyone know why they changed it? I really liked the idea of the original WWC simply because it allowed mages to have mobility. Now they are giving us a twofer Rabadon's/Zhonya's which might give mages some durability but takes away the mobility that made the WWC so fun to buy.

What I wanna know is why not make another item with those two passives (increased % AP, stasis) with less base AP, and keep the WWC as it was giving people a choice wether they were going to go for an early mobility item that gives lots of base AP or a defensive AP item that MIGHT scale well if the game goes on long enough.

tl;dr Just want an explanation behind the change for interest's sake

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-09-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

The movement speed is on Hextech Sweeper now!

smokeyzulu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I know it was moved, but I was more wondering why than where.

FossaFerox

11-09-2012

Quote:
You did kind of hurt "safe" mages with this change, though. People like Lux, Xerath, Ziggs, and AP Nid who should never need the zhonya's active are now paying a wasted premium for their % AP increase.

It's a complete waste for them since if they need to use the active nine times out of ten they're dead regardless. Compared to mages like Morgana, Kennen, Fiddles, Swain, etc who actually need it and will now do much better with this change.

This is an indirect nerf to "safe" mages while a buff to tanky mages, not the direction things should go in my opinion.

Why not keep the old WWC and have the %AP be a unique passive that can't stack with the new one so that mages have a choice?

gzboli

11-09-2012

;_; poor hat. I need it for cassiopia

smokeyzulu

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossaFerox View Post
You did kind of hurt "safe" mages with this change, though. People like Lux, Xerath, Ziggs, and AP Nid who should never need the zhonya's active are now paying a wasted premium for their % AP increase.

It's a complete waste for them since if they need to use the active nine times out of ten they're dead regardless. Compared to mages like Morgana, Kennen, Fiddles, Swain, etc who actually need it and will now do much better with this change.

This is an indirect nerf to "safe" mages while a buff to tanky mages, not the direction things should go in my opinion.

Why not keep the old WWC and have the %AP be a unique passive that can't stack with the new one so that mages have a choice?
This was my thinking exactly. It did not help my build when playing as Lux, in fact it made it much more difficult. The %AP boost is needed on all casters, not just tanky casters.

FDru

11-09-2012

On the bright side, you should have been getting Sweeper anyway, and now you have more reason to.

Phourc

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
On the bright side, you should have been getting Sweeper anyway, and now you have more reason to.
I like the reveal items, I just need to get my premade buddies to buy them, cause when I get ganked it's usually trying to catch up to them only to realize wherever they were going was a trap ):

Sagethyme

11-10-2012

Quote:
Will this change come over to Dom? Awesome =D

GingerGerald

11-11-2012

Quote:
So you're telling me that an item that people only ever buy to combat stealth champions, has a movement speed boost that almost every mage needs?

You're also telling me, that people who play stealth champs are veen more screwed on the new TT now, because I imagine several mages will buy the hextech sweeper for its movement speed boost...