Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arächnophobia

11-09-2012

Will there be items to replace force of nature in its health regen /MS department?

I loved FON for its trifectaness of feeling like a perma baron regen buff + making you speedy and immune to burst D:

Fenomenom

11-09-2012

Be honest, you are really removing FoN because movespeed is too powerful on melee champs whos vulnerability is supposed to be kiting.

It fills a niche, but isn't so good to be a must buy everygame. I offers a set of stats which are all 3 great on tanks, making it very obvious who should buy it and when. In fact Its such a well designed item, that it should be the role model for all items moving forward.

Now you will have to choose a set of items to get the same effects, which really is just going to enable new players to make that many more mistakes.

Cup0fTea

11-09-2012

I really liked the Sightstone.

Positive points:
- Supports will be able to save more gold to buy items
- Greater map vision
- Counter warding will be more important now, making the game more dynamic

For those who are saying that junglers won't be able to gank, here's the solution:

Counter Warding

Felaedor

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup0fTea View Post
For those who are saying that junglers won't be able to gank, here's the solution:

Counter Warding
The day you can counterward without actually being seen by the ward, sure.

Atyres

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTimely View Post
I'm thoroughly surprised at almost all of these, not to mention very disappointed. Like wtf bloodrazer was week? Hahahahahahahaha that's ridiculous.
Actually it was incredibly weak. In some games it would be known as a trap item, only catches newer players.

Iron Solari

11-09-2012

HoG..this makes me cry

Makuo

11-09-2012

TBH there was no reason to remove ionic spark, it was better than wits end in teamfights because the proc would do overall more damage, me and my friends once played a teamcomp where we all built it and we won. More than only a couple champions. Riot shouldn't tease us with neat items only to remove them a couple months later. Fix it and keep it in.

MrBubbIes0

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items
[LIST]
The remaining three:
- Kage's Lucky Pick
- Philosopher's Stone
- Avarice Blade

Name one of these remaining three that is useful on a jungler like Lee Sin, Shyvana or Mundo. First 2 completely useless so we are forced to deal with useless avarice blade that builds into a worthless ghostblade end game where the rest of the junglers can have at least 2 out of 3 GP/10 and get unfair advantages over their enemy junglers in gold income.

For example compare Lee Sin to Jax jungling. Lee Sin can only benefit from avarice blade while Jax can build all 3 of them. Where is the balance in that ?

How will you address this issue ?

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I am actually fairly disappointed by this..

MBR vs Blade of the ruin king

MBR is a better item, it costs 1k more gold but is far, far better. I have no idea who would buy blade of the ruined king.

If people think 4% of their max health is bad, 4% of their current health is much much worse.

With no defensive stats on BotRK why would any bruiser buy it, and with only 40 AD on it, why would an ADC buy it.

Heck with 40 AD and 40 AS MBR would be much better for an ADC.

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
The day you can counterward without actually being seen by the ward, sure.
place pink ward, kill ward, jungler buys oracles, yes you get seen but it still puts pressure