Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkaiel

11-09-2012

Really nice changes guys!!!
Keep an eye on shaco.
He will be the only one ho can easy take red an blue,
Welcome back Ww.

Emperor Z19

11-09-2012

So wait, we can't leash anymore, and monsters do more damage? How are champions supposed to survive against the buff camps? Does this mean it's impossible to take blue/red to start? If so, how are blue-reliant champions like Amumu supposed to function?

Grand Chill

11-09-2012

No more leashing....

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

Mizral

11-09-2012

screens plz

Skrapt

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
It's hard to sum up since it can vary so much based on jungler type and performance.

Most internal game end results have shown that strong farm junglers (especially when factoring in successful ganks and lane sharing/covering) can keep up in gold with the lanes and often end up with experience levels slightly between the solo lanes and the duo lane.
Just to be clear, Riot has previously stated this exact same stance with the current jungle. Though in practice it's proven that the majority of time the Jungler ends up with gold slightly greater than the Support (factoring in their GP10s), and experience even with the Duo lane. The only time this changes is when the Jungler gets off several early ganks on higher level opponents.

Not factoring in ganks, and covering lanes, how does the jungle actually stack up to the current form? Is experience and gold gains noticeably higher?

Also, how is the new jungle affected by Counter-Jungling and control junglers like Nunu? Due to the difficulty increase of the jungle is it reasonable to counter-jungle now or far too risky? Is the risk essentially worth the reward?

And it was K

11-09-2012

Any thoughts on Renekton and Irelia in the new jungle? I'd really like to play these two more, especially Irelia!!!, but top lane is so often contested...

fLUORESC3NT

11-09-2012

I don't like the sound of these changes at all. I feel it's gonna take the fun aspect out of jungling for me, which is the roaming aspect of it - killing creeps isn't exactly fun, but ganking a lot makes up for it.
Taking away leashing (or rather, pulling) combined with making it harder to gank will ruin my jungle Wukong game, for example, where I am squishy when clearing and easily counter-jungled but make up for it with sweet ganking potential. I feel Malphite will also be hurt by these changes because of his weak sustain and the lack of viable items for sustain (lifesteal doesn'e make sense on him...) so I hope the items you're adding will compensate for this. Two of my favourite junglers down the drain would be a terrible shame.

Besides that, is this why you're nerfing wraiths?
I'm Phreak and I play Brand as a jung- oh.

MadTenuki

11-09-2012

How does this affect counter jungling? Isn't it more rewarding for the other team to try to steal at least one buff since it'll really hamper the jungler and then they'll also be safer in lane longer? So if you know they start blue, you should definitely at least go steal red?

Solanir

11-09-2012

This is going to break the game lol.

And it was K

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Z19 View Post
So wait, we can't leash anymore, and monsters do more damage? How are champions supposed to survive against the buff camps? Does this mean it's impossible to take blue/red to start? If so, how are blue-reliant champions like Amumu supposed to function?
No leashing, but your teammates can still help you take it down. Additionally, since it won't be so gank oriented, you can start with a shirt and 5 sodas, like in season 1.