Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1695fbf4ff92b3ebeb85c

11-09-2012

Hey Statik,

What about respawn timers? Will anything change when it comes to that? And with them changing/not changing, how strong will it be to counterjungle?

Panoptic

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel5722 View Post
okay first of all, the entire rest of the team roles are specific to champions with certain attributes, so why change junglers? Jungling is a specific team role just like an AD carry is or a support champion is. You never made a patch making Karthus a more viable solo top or Orianna a better AD carry, or Sona a better mid-laner. Why are you so insistent on making the jungle roster longer? all this does is make it harder to jungle with champs who were actually meant to jungle, like Warwick or Evelynn or Shaco, whose only viability now is in his stealth. These were the original junglers, and they don't have any AoE, or in Eve's case, no reliable AoE to use in the jungle. These champs were dependent on early game ganking ability, and now that that's gone, these tailor-made junglers become less viable. Furthermore, leashing is now impossible or at the very least pointless with the new golem behavior. Not to mention that this new Hunter's Machete item now essentially guarantees every jungler will have Wriggle's Lantern, which, from my own observation, is the item that makes or breaks a jungler. And don't even think about raging against this comment if you've read this far because you clearly only live through forums, so go troll someone else. This is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.
Agree.
On the other hand however, I'm glad Riot is making some changes to map and gameplay and items. This is something I've always been hoping for, as opposed to just making new champions. I guess we'll try this out and see how it works.

LeitoAfter

11-09-2012

awesome! challenge accepted! xDxDxD

bearded0ne

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetaariis View Post
So you're telling me the support has to waste one of their wards intended for making sure ganks from either the jungler or the lane they're in (it happens) on the jungle? That's weakening the lane phase in my opinion.
In a lot of the more competitive play you see the support using at least 1 war early game, pre minions spawned, in order to keep track of the jungler / enemy team. You can place wards at your jungle entrance that also covers river.

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

This is going to really hurt jungle nautilus. He's already fairly weak in the jungle...

Bruce Fowler

11-09-2012

Nooooooooooooooo! Leashing is doomed!

Emotesh

11-09-2012

Sounds a lot like a WW buff to me.
Junglers whom require a leash are going to be pretty badly set back.

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlasterDarkness View Post
if you want to fix the gank pressure just add a gate in the middle river and have it open up after ummm.. lets say 7-10 mins into the game? i dont see the need to increase monsters damage. to me it seems like this will limit not increase the number of possible jungler choices and also have to spend more mastery points towards specific jungle clearing instead of other valuable masteries. also this means that you take more dmg so junglers themselves might get counter jungle targeted since they will be usually low in health and or have to B alot more to regain health. which means it will be hard for them to keep up with mid and solo top lane champs. as it is now its not that easy to keep up unless you are succesful in early ganks. i think riot needs to re-think this unless that machete is some god mode item for jungling.
I actually love this idea of a river gate. Honestly, I find the ganks fine and necessary. But both invading teams to steal the buff and screw with the jungle plus early level 2 ganks just make the game unfun to play. I like to see any game of competition won by superior tactics not by screwing over the other team so you have an advantage. To me, invasions on the jungle and early ganks is equivalent to a racer loosening his opponents tires so that they'll have an accident on the course. It's just fcuked up.

NepotisM

11-09-2012

Hi statikk, i have some concerns about the new jungle changes.
Mainly about nautilus, he has one of the weakest lvl 1-3 jungle in the whole champion pool.

His W shield is so weak early on, and so strong later.
I believe there could be some scaling going on with the duration of that, especially for lvl 1 to 3.
It would need to last a minimum amount of time for it to be any good first lvls.

Now that leashing is dead, kind of, i expect him to be so much weaker.
The W needs a persisting dmg that last a minimum amount of time even after the shield breaks.
In the current state, it takes less than 3 seconds for the shield to pop and ur dmg output reduced by 75%.

Titans wrath: Dot persists through shield corrosion for a maximum of 3seconds

Or, you could do something like

Titans wrath: Shield takes 25% decreased damage from neutral minions.

and maybe somewhat decrease the shield/dmg to champion to scale him for an easier early game, but not devastating late game.

Detnemed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_09_Jungle_Changes/kassadin_post.jpg[/aws3]

we are increasing the damage dealt by jungle monsters. This means that junglers who gank early will likely be at lower health and.... (Its supposed to say "not equipped with Boots of Speed unless they’re specialized or have made tradeoffs in other areas." But I'll correct it)
!
And... It will be ten times easier to kill Junglers that start a red, Now when they get to blue, They will be so low lifed, that your top, or adc peals off to "recall" and 3 shots your for a guaranteed first blood every game.