Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epicn00b

11-09-2012

Alright, I can't help but notice that Deathfire Grasp isn't on the chopping block. Hurray?

But I just want to express my opinion here:

Madred's Bloodrazor: You're giving up on it? OH COME ON! I can easily make this work easy!
1. make it cheaper. Replace recurve bow with dagger
2. make passive do PHYSICAL or TRUE damage. Its stupid how 50+ MR hard counters it already, and everyone has 50+ MR
3. increase % damage. nuff said
Force of Nature: contrary to what you say, the FoN is a GOOD item:
1. It gives the most MR in one slot
2. The regeneration passive worked wonders on Dr. Mundo and Garen; it literally allows them to regain health out of combat VERY fast
3. The random Movement speed. Random, yet very awesome
If the "replacement", Spirit Visage, gives you at LEAST 65 MR, then its removal could work. Otherwise, keep the FoN

Ionic Spark: none shall miss it, for none have used it. Well, okay it does have one thing special: it uses the recurve bow. Speaking of which, will we see more uses of the recurve bow? Having a cheap 40% attack speed is nice, but 2 daggers are way more useful, and cheaper.

And, probably the biggest thing I have to mention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wit’s End
WTF is a Statikk Shiv?

Matt Kyuhn

11-09-2012

Pleaseee Riot, do not take Ionic Spark from us, my volibear will miss it so much :'(

Yeroban

11-09-2012

Xypherous, do you have any plans for Glacial Shroud, or the Frozen Heart item stats/build path? At the moment GS is a rather stale item, building into only one other item, and the build path for that (Frozen Heart) is similarly stale. Please tell me you're going to be spicing this up a little?

Myurn

11-09-2012

Quote:
Heart of Gold – Removed

Heart of Gold is a deeply conflicted item. Gold over Time items are designed to be a tradeoff of early game power versus reliable scaling further on in the game. However, Heart of Gold is a Health item, a statistic that is primarily dominant early game rather than late game. It helps create a lot to passivity, but worst of all it contributes to passive snowballing. While the intent of the item was to help out gold-starved characters that were traditionally weak, there are much better ways to solve this than an item that also makes their direct competitors stronger.

Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items

We don’t want to see an item in the game that lets you passively win your lane and close off options for your opponent. The other 3 Gold per 10 items have all been upgraded with either much more flexible build paths in terms of what they can build into or additional ways to generate real and imagined incomes. From Gold per 10 upgrades that let you keep the Gold per 10 when fully upgraded to alternate gold gain passives, the other 3 Gold per 10 items have become much more flexible in their final builds.
I have no doubt that there is something more to this, but what are support like Leona and Taric going to build to replace this? Supports like that need the additional health to be able to damage soak for a second so the carry doesn't get slaughtered and practically require the extra GP/10 to purchase wards where the other GP/10's don't really make up for it.

chumbler

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
It's what allows 0cs supports to 0cs and still be able to build items late-game.

It also helps a losing lane not be irrelevant for the rest of the game. G/10 items shouldn't be as powerful as items that don't provide that extra gold, but that's about it.
Fixing the source of the 0 cs problem (extreme AD carry scaling) is the better solution than allowing a horrendous mechanic to exist.

Also did you not notice the part where the entire reason they're removing HoG is because it's a snowball item? Gp10 being an anti-snowball stat is completely imagined. Also if you lost your lane, why shouldn't you be irrelevant later unless something big happens? You lost your lane. Tough ****, deal with it.

KabarixElement

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

What i dumb move, HoG was one the best early solo top item!

ChromeFalcon

11-09-2012

What's a Statikk Shiv, did I miss something?

Oscariginal

11-09-2012

So the prices of Philosopher's stone's ingredients are going down, is the price of the actual item going to go up in order to balance out, or will this make philo stone cheaper?

RedTruth

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KabarixElement View Post
What a smart move, HoG was one the best early solo top item!
Fixed.

ValheruWolf

11-09-2012

Ok is there anychance you can make another Locked thread, with copies of each of these item posts somewhere, just heave each post link back to these threads for people to discuss would be nice to be able to find it all from a sticky so i can look at whats happening.