Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalamitous

11-09-2012

SO you screwed leashing so that jungler cannot recieve hard leashes without taking a lot of damage themselves or the laner taking a lot of damage to preserve the junglers life. Other than that cool update, looking forward to Warwick, Gangplank, Yi and others to come back into the main meta.

jetpotion

Master Recruiter

11-09-2012

The leash mechanics is going to be change by alot.Alot of the old junglers like udyr,lee sin.shaco can solo the bufffs really really well.They are probably the strongest junglers after the change.Including shyvana and nocturne skarner they all do aoe damage and do alot of single target damage.And with mundo cleaver doing percentage damage he going to insanely op in the jungle with the health buff on the camps.While the tank jungler will now be prone more easily to counter jungling now because the single targets in camps will be harder to kill.Anybody who can pump aoe damage and still pump alot of single target damage are the strongest junglers in the game with the new change with the exception of (Nunu).While aoe tank junglers like maokai,amumu, nautilus they need to buff there base stats to surive in this jungle or else they cant jungle.We also will need a buff on the runes as well to compensate for the jungle change.

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearded0ne View Post
The issue with the "invisible" invade can be solved by having your support place an early ward to watch for the invade.
So you're telling me the support has to waste one of their wards intended for making sure ganks from either the jungler or the lane they're in (it happens) on the jungle? That's weakening the lane phase in my opinion.

LightEcho

11-09-2012

You mention that more of the health of camps will be in the large creeps will the same be true of the damage of jungle camps. Will more of the damage be loscated on the large creeps than the small ones. Currently AoE junglers take less damage because they can destroy the small mobs so much more quickly, that while large creep damage is comparable the overall damage taken is significantly lower.

frtuck

11-09-2012

making jungle singed more viable plz?

BlasterDarkness

11-09-2012

if you want to fix the gank pressure just add a gate in the middle river and have it open up after ummm.. lets say 7-10 mins into the game? i dont see the need to increase monsters damage. to me it seems like this will limit not increase the number of possible jungler choices and also have to spend more mastery points towards specific jungle clearing instead of other valuable masteries. also this means that you take more dmg so junglers themselves might get counter jungle targeted since they will be usually low in health and or have to B alot more to regain health. which means it will be hard for them to keep up with mid and solo top lane champs. as it is now its not that easy to keep up unless you are succesful in early ganks. i think riot needs to re-think this unless that machete is some god mode item for jungling.

JonnoKing

11-09-2012

No more superman Leashes? *cries*

Tadrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I think people are forgetting that we have gotten big jungle changes before. There was a lot of complaints about how it was going to ruin the jungle play.

Sure things changed but it's a new season, it's part of the game, let's learn and adapt!

Riot has consistently shown us that they care about the community. I for one an excited to see how this changes the pace of a SR game.

LulzSec

11-09-2012

Statikk, I beg of you to please be certain of these changes before implementing them...

Remember what happened within the first few weeks of the Season 2 jungle changes? Your numbers were horrible; you left so many people horribly frustrated because you made EXP and gold rewards for jungling so very low. I trust that you won't make the same mistake; I'm a dedicated jungle main, I can't take the stress of 3 weeks of another experience like that.

Just take your time; you're without the DW crew now, make sure you get it right. The anticipation is really screwing with me; I want to be hopeful but I can't help but think of the past.

Fingers crossed.

A Lava Penguin

11-09-2012

Super exciting reminds me of what I missed about the old jungle, and with improvements!