Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaedo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

How will these changes to the jungle affect one of my favorite champions, Renekton?
The way I see it, this could increase Renekton's viability as a jungler due to his AoE sustain, his W's massive single target damage, and his E for ganking. I find this to be an amazing change of pace, due to him being stuck as a mediocre top-lane right now in season 2. I am interested however, if the new jungling items will benefit him or make it harder for him to transition into late game.

Krogan14

11-09-2012

So would a support with a little AS getting hatchet & wards be able to clear dragon with jungle too early, leaving the adc to passive farm in lane? Because if both go for those items, the support can often sneak away without the other team knowing.

Umbra88

11-09-2012

@statikik
This has me very very very worried for any invades in Season 3. You said the camps hit harder and some junglers will have lv 1 problems. Not to mention the camps scale with time. So if your jungler gets invaded upon and/or dies then they will be behind for a very long time. Especially if they are blue dependent. How hard is it to get back into games after an invade / blue steal?
Can you enlighten me a bit? I main jungle now and just reading this news makes me not want to run that risk.

Niiko The Goat

11-09-2012

I'm not level 30 yet and the first (and for a good while, only) 6300IP champ I bought was Hecarim so I could learn to jungle with him, only to find out it was quite difficult to do so when the creeps tear him apart at low levels, you have to bust out those potions like crazy (and that means wasting money) if you don't want to go back to base after taking down just one camp, and now without early ganking, well, even harder to get enough money to do anything....this changes will make everything even worse, you do need to take a look at Hecarim, maybe buff his Q a little bit to deal more damage, it's pretty hard to use it against opponents anyway since everyone runs away from the horse so I don't think it will bring too many problems....

Alliedjon

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanomics View Post
I'm all for trying something new!
Buttsex?

jjnews

11-09-2012

So if there is no more leashing, then teammates have to stay longer to deal more damage. Won't this increase the chance that the teammates helping might steal it? Possibly from an early smite? Changes not bad overall though.

Corefish

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbra88 View Post
@statikik
This has me very very very worried for any invades in Season 3. You said the camps hit harder and some junglers will have lv 1 problems. Not to mention the camps scale with time. So if your jungler gets invaded upon and/or dies then they will be behind for a very long time. Especially if they are blue dependent. How hard is it to get back into games after an invade / blue steal?
Can you enlighten me a bit? I main jungle now and just reading this news makes me not want to run that risk.
Doesn't change at all really. If both blue buffs get stolen (Aka a successful invade) then your jungle is behind for a while anyway. It's a risk. It always is.

Best Consuela NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Say you had your mid lane and top lane run back and forth in front of blue golem while the jungler is ranged. The jungler would just sit there and smack the golem while it blindly chases top and mid.

Tauren Stomper

11-09-2012

Riot is always trying to evolve the game and balance it. I love seeing that you havent forgotten about those things that people think about. Furthermore you guys bring incredibly interesting new ideas. Great job Riot staff, you guys are awesome.

Adam420ownz

11-09-2012

haha i never knew what leashing actually ment i guess i always just put damage on them when someone asks me to leash and let them get the buff lol so i didnt even notice but i like the change thats how they should act now they wont chase u so far when someone else comes in range