Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaros Phoenix

11-09-2012

@ Statikk

I was wondering about jungle camp behavior when multiple teams are involved.

Example:

Okay, let's say I'm playing Nocturne jungle (prob viable), and the enemy jungler is Maokai. I walk up to his blue, but I don't hit it. Then the enemy Xerath leashes his team's blue, and Maokai appears beside me.
Quick Diagram: Maokai-----> me------> Blue------------------->Xerath (damn his range)

In this situation, I am between Maokai and his Blue, so I am the closest target, which means that according to your explanation, it would target me. But since the enemy team leashes it, would it be only aggressive to them, and therefore chase Maokai?

I'm wondering if you literally mean the closest target, or if you mean the closest allied target.

If in this situation it would hit me (Noct) even though the enemy Xerath leashed it, then I can see some amazing plays being made where teams use neutral monsters to give their team the advantage in a fight.

Btw, I love what you've done with the jungle, I <3 Hecarim.

Jynetik

11-09-2012

@StatikK

Elise viable in S3 jungle y/n?

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
That's the point. Leashing wasn't really an intended mechanic, and it made the start of the jungle too easy for some. Besides that, if lanes just stick around a while, the mobs will die fast enough that it won't matter anyway. It is a team game after all.
I totally disagree... the leashing mechanic makes it actually possible to do the jungle. Otherwise, a jungle camp will KO the jungler even with smite.

Vice City

11-09-2012

I don't see anybody talking about counter jungling.

Like Statikk mentioned before, lee sin and shaco are build for early ganks but let's say I'm playing jungle olaf. It's taking me a fair time to 1v1 the red or blue buff, I finally kill it but I have 2 bars of hp left and while I'm recalling I get a Sonic Wave or a shiv to the face..I die, lose my buff and have no gold to buy anything..

All these changes sound really painful, specially if you jungle someone who isn't in the jungle META. I like to jungle darius and jax but sometimes I jungle taric and cho'gath. All these changes are scary.

Kanzawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

sejuani even with defense runes and 21 def mastery has to b very early and will have 0 mana and low health. AND the only thing that she really has going (her weak as hell aoe) will now have reduced effectiveness.

i just bought her, have been doing well with her and enjoying myself. but unless theres a new item specifically designed for her, i dont see how she can jungle now based on what is known.

she has 0 sustain, 0 defensive bonuses, 100% aoe skills. her ganks are good, but they will have to come straight from b now because theres no way she well be strong enough to clear the jungle at all AND gank.

are you guys buffing her? i mean i guess there has to be someone to troll pick to force dodges....

BokuJuice

11-09-2012

Ive spent a lot of time the past week working on a karma jungle with good results in blind pick winning both matches i tryed it in. These aoe jungle nerfs seem to make this a lost cause now. It was fun while it lasted sad to see charachters like karma overlooked in these changes. I love competive play, but i love to play for fun as well, i was hoping by opening the jungle up for more junglers it ment some other creative ways more friendly to softer charachters allowing many more junglers to clear in a decent time. seems its a directed to hurt popular charachters withought regaurd to many but not all other options. Who jungles karma anyway , well why not shes fun to play. thanks for updates and changes. I love the game. The game has made great progress and as ive seen its not been set in stone, so mayby there where be creative changes to the jungle later thx Riot.

OGThug Panda

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInThe∆ther View Post
How does Ezreal look in the new jungle? I've heard a lot of people jokingly reference him, but he honestly in the current jungle is too squishy to accomplish anything since he has no AoE (and still doesn't, mind you). I'm assuming with the single-target playstyle he has, he's probably pretty bad in situation, but I've always thought that, with his E as his mobility in the jungle, and his Q-CDR proc, and decent enough damage, he could have really good clear times. I know he's a pretty strange suggestion as a jungler, but that's what you guys are trying to do with this update, make more champions jungle-viable right? I think it'd be cool to see someone like him be seriously used in the jungle.
Dont you think that ez would be one hell of an OP jungle if he was viable? He would flash in and his red buff, almost unavoidable, with ad caster upgrades :P all sorts of chaos.

13lackyoshi

11-09-2012

How is this going to affect kayle jungle! Will she be able to clear camps faster and become a more aggressive junger with the new jungle items?

Corefish

11-09-2012

So do we have a rough estimate as to when this is all going live?

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm excited for the changes in gameplay to be added.

Eden VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I hope the items don't make the junglers too squishy. Some champs need to be tanky to survive in the jungle instead of relying on life steal.