Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PussPounder Esq

11-09-2012

With counter jungling and replacement of the big wraith, you're making the big wraith more easily taken by enemies in counter jungling. The placement of the wraith currently is to be more protected in the jungle, now it's more vulnerable, and with focusing the exp in the big guy, all it takes is a smite and some dps and you've just denied large exp

Elsaliss

11-09-2012

Lol on every page with a Red post there is a question about leashing when the question is answered in the first couple responses. xD

Nihel

11-09-2012

I'm really scared that new jungle is going to be really hard and so i won't get much fun from playing a game.

Salbahi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

When is da packng patch? >=[

Tibberz

11-09-2012

no more leashes :S

The Soup Kitchen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

"The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane"

PLEASE STOP MAKING THEM FASTER! Can you please just make them spawn at 1:55 and reduce their speed and maybe reduce damage? I almost never take golems when I'm jungling because they are probably close to as strong as blue or red buff and not worth as much. No jungler starts golems anymore either so making it 1:55 isn't that big of a hindrance... Golems should be strong and slow IMO. No need to make them Strong and fast.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
23 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexSaur View Post
Staikk tell us more about the EXP and Gold changes...

Will jungle be worth a another solo lane again?
It's hard to sum up since it can vary so much based on jungler type and performance.

Most internal game end results have shown that strong farm junglers (especially when factoring in successful ganks and lane sharing/covering) can keep up in gold with the lanes and often end up with experience levels slightly between the solo lanes and the duo lane.

DptBear

11-09-2012

How does GP fare in the new jungle? He was overwhelmingly my favorite jungler in S1 and he just turned into a fairly useless champ in S2, since his clear was too slow and his top lane presence was average at best.

volatilemazz

11-09-2012

nunu gona be OP

Delta Sniper

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Jax is actually one of the champions I feel has possibly become overpowered with the changes.

He has strong clearing speeds (Counter Strike for AoE and Empower and his passive for single target) and decent resilience (Counter Strike dodging) in the jungle. His ganks are scary because of Leap + Counter Strike stun. He also scales monstrously with the increased gold for later game.

We're monitoring him very closely.
this means jax can be nerfed .