Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus wraith

11-09-2012

Heimer was and always will be the ultimate leash, if you can get over the beeping sound of his turrets. Also it sounds like nunu will be a good jungle again

MayoGetLow69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Statikk, PLEASE answer this question for me if you would be so kind.

All I want to ask is a question of clarity, so I'm hoping for a yes or no answer.

This thread is called Preseason jungle changes. Does this mean that we can expect these changes in the upcoming Zed patch, assuming it comes out very soon?

Jumpster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I know an item that getting removed since hunterís machete is being added in

Nzo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
  • Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
!
Can I ask why this change was made? I know the plan is to make it more consistent, but can you give us an idea of how it was inconsistent?

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

I have only one complaint about any of these changes and that's the following:

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
That's going to make leashing for a jungler much harder and almost impossible. Plus, this also means the players who want to wait in bushes to make sure invaders for stealing the jungle are seen soon enough won't be able to help effectively with a leash. I say get rid of that idea altogether because it ruins the meta not helps it. That's just my two cents, others will probably disagree.

Vauli

11-09-2012

Are the new changes currently live on PBE?

Drozzi

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
To be completely honest with you, I don't think Volibear is a good jungler both on Live and in the new one currently in iteration. He feels currently much better suited for Top Lane.

Unlike other champions where I feel there are small tweaks we can make to ensure they are viable in the new jungle, Volibear feels fairly off and would need some significant changes (both buffs and nerfs) to switch him more into a jungle role.
I would be 100% okay with this.

Lanbobyonson

11-09-2012

I feel like this will make Riven suck in the jungle... But I like how the mobs attack the closest enemy, that will help with counter jungling, I think.

Vauli

11-09-2012

Are these changes currently live on PBE?

HUME armaGEDDY

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
What about Fiora?

She's already having a hard time in jungle but to be honest jungle is the only role she can take. Maybe a change to his passive that lets her heal more from monsters?
LOL. Fiora is a great top-lane champion. She has huge, and power, gap-closing capabilities, great sustain, a really powerful ult, massive steroids, and can counter most of the general top-lane picks with her counter-harass. She's better top than jungle.