Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tazokh

11-09-2012

what if top lane and adc buy this new junglers only item :O...we junglers going to get counter jungled so hard now..

AdiRu

Recruiter

11-09-2012

I can imagine two scenarios for new leashing.

If the new blue/red monster targeting works like baron's targeting, which means that the closest enemy is always targeted, I can easily see the buffs getting kited. If the buff monster's intended target just walks back, the monster would just switch to a new closer target. An example for the blue buff would be: you want one champ close, walking towards the brush and the other champs near the river. The buff follows its target, until the champs near the river become the closest target.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how the buff monster reset would work. Will it reset after a few target acquisitions or will there be some new mechanics coming into play?

The other situation for leashing would be the closest champion, which would be the target after the champs start attacking, would just walk back. The buff monster won't change targets until it reaches it's max walking range and just choose a new (closer) target. This would kind of be like old leashing, except that the leasher would be the closest champion, instead of the first attacker.

Either way, I'm excited for these new changes and can't wait to see them in Live. Keep up the good work, Riot! ^ ~ ^

Delta Sniper

11-09-2012

how strong is Shyvana going to be? she has her Aoe and her q which is a duoble basic attack with her e weakening them seems like she will still be one of the fastest to clear the jungle especially with machete working on both her q's attacks.

psycocow1993

11-09-2012

so according to this line here
"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"
does this mean there will be no more blue leashing, thus making jungling harder on most champs?

M3rc3n4ri0x

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susitsu View Post
Have you ever heard of runes...?
so you want us to use only armor and armor per lvl runes? what about late game? jungle/tank the only viable option? what about hecarim? his start is horrible... and with this... he's not a jungler anymore... can he top or something?

Blinding Shadows

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Since the new jungle does a larger amount of damage, how does Lee Sin work in the new jungle? His shield/lifesteal skill Safeguard scales off of AP, and as far as I know, he isn't built as AP when jungling. Also, one of his main skills for jungling is AoE, so how will he scale in his new home?

Internet

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyChalice View Post
Kidding me? Shaco is one of the best jungle clearers in the game he could probably still do the new jungle in boots still
This,

Shankco is still going to be very good.
:L takes my red and huehuehues all the way home

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

You've talked about how "Hunter's Machete" will work into Madred's Razor. Will this affect the builds of the Bloodrazer line-up? More specifically, I'm concerned that Wriggle's Lantern, an item I found to be incredibly useful on several top laners, will move from a "ward, mid-game LS, Armor, and AD" item into only something Jungler's would want. I really hope Wriggle's is preserved in it's current state to a point, so what will happen to these items?

Tortferngatr

11-09-2012

What exactly does Spirit stone do?

NepotisM

11-09-2012

Hi statikk, i have some concerns about the new jungle changes.
Mainly about nautilus, he has one of the weakest lvl 1-3 jungle in the whole champion pool.

His W shield is so weak early on, and so strong later.
I believe there could be some scaling going on with the duration of that, especially for lvl 1 to 3.
It would need to last a minimum amount of time for it to be any good first lvls.

Now that leashing is dead, kind of, i expect him to be so much weaker.
The W needs a persisting dmg that last a minimum amount of time even after the shield breaks.
In the current state, it takes less than 3 seconds for the shield to pop and ur dmg output reduced by 75%.

Titans wrath: Dot persists through shield corrosion for a maximum of 3seconds

Or, you could do something like

Titans wrath: Shield takes 25% decreased damage from neutral minions.

and maybe somewhat decrease the shield/dmg to champion to scale him for an easier early game, but not devastating late game.