Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iggyness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

how's Evelynn in the new jungle? She's pretty squishy and needs the leash to not take a ton of damage on her first clear.

DeathScythe73

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Im really worried about hecarim in the new jungle. He is primarily a tank aoe damage clearer but his main source of damage and sustain both have caps againts minion/monsters. Now that the jungle is much harder is this going to make the jungle even harder to clear for hecarim? Before his clear time pre 6 was pretty slow as it is. since the caps Im assuming was based on the hold stats of the jungle minions will he be get any possible changes?

Insípid

11-09-2012

Hey Statikk,

Not sure if you saw my RE: to this thread, but to sum it up really fast since this is almost like an AMA type of thread. How will hecarim fair in the new jungle as well as sustain lacking champs? Will jungle creeps give more health/mana to keep up with sustain/manaless junglers?

HolyChalice

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3rc3n4ri0x View Post
no way... this is the worst change you can make... jungling is hard... if you do this junglers like hecarim, kha, shaco, voli, etc wont be able to jungle anymore... they are really weak early game... and with those changes jungle wont be a viable option to play anymore...
The people who like this changes are those agressive players that harass and dominate his lanes, because jungler isn't going to help now... this sucks...
Kidding me? Shaco is one of the best jungle clearers in the game he could probably still do the new jungle in boots still

AwesomeSauceBoss

11-09-2012

I guess this means no more of the barely viable jungles like my oh so favourite AD malz jungle :O

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
14 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karn Bishop View Post
Question, if you were playing nautilus would you consider building a spirit stone? does it provide benefitial stats to a jungle tank champ like him?
Yes, there is a Spirit Stone upgrade that is aimed towards tanks.

Xyltin

11-09-2012

When the changes come in like you said and they are well balanced, i feel that the top lane will change a lot and that ganks will really be a risk early on a jungler can take, but if he fails, he will fall behind.

A jungler will probably try to clear as fast as possible to reach lvl 4 and then go b and shop. then the first gank will probably happen. A lvl 2 gank that fails will probably force the jungler to stop around lvl 3 with the clearing and go b for the first time, while the other jungler got a lvl advantage and can go back around 10-15 sec more early.

I think all that sounds so awesome, cause it forces the jungelr to make more decisions (more important decisions) but will also reward him with a way better chance to carry and influence the game not only early, but also mid and late game without being a second support champ or lee sin.

Asdioh

11-09-2012

I beg of you, please make it so I can play jungle Volibear without having teammates rage at me. When I was new, one of the reasons I bought him because he was tagged as a Jungler, but the general consensus is that he is not a competitive jungler because his clear time is so low, and his form of sustain leaves him vulnerable in pvp fights for the next 2 minutes.

The increased gold gain sounds promising for him, but I don't know yet :x

anAmishLady

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Eleven View Post
Cause she can spawn a ton of plants at level 1 ...
Well, not exactly. She needs level 2 to begin chaining her abilities and making plants. And even then, her seeds take quite a while to reload... She'll either level them up to be able to spawn more, or she'll level up damage and have fewer plants on hand.

Colonel Stalker

11-09-2012

Hmmm i wonder