Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Sounds like another indirect Veigar nerf- since he wants to farm the Wraiths rather than Minions if his lane ever pushes past River.

Unless they made ganking mid lane harder.

FlyinTeddyBearz

11-09-2012

you've taken away the early game pressure for no reason. if a player can't read when he/she is getting ganked early thats their fault and should be punished. Now lvl 2 ganks for lee sin wont be great anymore. at that, any lvl 2 gank wont be great anymore.. For example, when i jungle mao, i go blue with no smite> red> immediate gank. This would assure me the kill 80% of the time. the other 20% is because i either messed up, or the enemy predicted what would happen. Now i wont be able to get my mobility boots right away after that first gank. Making me fall behind.

Dunal

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.
This seems accurate. Sejuani monstrously scales off CDR and then health. Another problem with her though is itemization in regards to there being no item that grants CDR/Health/mpen. She scales the hardest with those three stats just it's very difficult to balance all three with the current item lineup. Shurelya's and Spirit Visage don't give enough health for her liking and there is no real option for mpen (AP on abyssal is completely wasted without giving health/cdr either).

Wish Blackfire Torch would come to Rift. Minus the AP (then it would be niche enough but still be great for certain champs). Kindlegem + Heart of Gold version. =L

Internet

11-09-2012

Still wondering about jungle rat.

Twitch
Make him viable again!!! Eeeuueueueeh

Ask Tyrant Swain

11-09-2012

Statikk, hear my plea. Please be the godfather of my firstborn son, so I could die in peace.

DaRalf

11-09-2012

Quote:
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_09_Jungle_Changes/kassadin_post.jpg[/aws3]

To combat this spike in jungle difficulty, we’re introducing several jungle-specific items to the game. For example, Hunter’s Machete is a great starting item which can be purchased at the beginning of the game to help you efficiently clear jungle. It also eventually upgrades into multiple build paths that include several of your favorite mid game jungle items such as Madred’s Razor and Wriggle’s Lantern.
Can we talk more about this Hunter's Machete? What stats make it a "great starting item" as opposed to the typical starting builds? I understand ya'll are working hard, and don't want to give anything away, but will this be an item that I can buy AND get a ward to counter jungle safely?

SpaceGiraffes

11-09-2012

Quote:
Reducing early game pressure

Season Two opened up more opportunities for junglers to create early game action through ganking lanes. Although this had an overall positive effect on the game, the current rate and effectiveness of early jungle ganking (particularly through brush camping) applies an overwhelming amount of pressure to the lanes. This significantly reduces the number of champions that can lane effectively by requiring them to either be able to farm from a very safe distance or have a reliable means of quick escape.

To alleviate some of this early pressure, we want to make early ganking from the jungle a more difficult, conscious choice that will require constant monitoring of the risks involved. To accomplish this, we are increasing the damage dealt by jungle monsters. This means that junglers who gank early will likely be at lower health and not equipped with Boots of Speed unless they’re specialized or have made tradeoffs in other areas.

To combat this spike in jungle difficulty, we’re introducing several jungle-specific items to the game. For example, Hunter’s Machete is a great starting item which can be purchased at the beginning of the game to help you efficiently clear jungle. It also eventually upgrades into multiple build paths that include several of your favorite mid game jungle items such as Madred’s Razor and Wriggle’s Lantern.
But early game pressure is a party of jungling. Ganking effectiveness wears off mid-late so you want to have pressure and impact on lanes whenever you can. Especially as early as possible. Hopefully this doesn't go through or will not affect Shaco or Shyvana jungling paths.

orc72

11-09-2012

Quote:
Hunter’s Machete is a great starting item which can be purchased at the beginning of the game to help you efficiently clear jungle. It also eventually upgrades into multiple build paths that include several of your favorite mid game jungle items such as Madred’s Razor and Wriggle’s Lantern.
I am assuming it cost 475 gold like dorens blade/ring/shield..but what does it do? If it builds into Razor i am assuming it doesn't have razors effect..

Also can you go into more detail about the ap jungle items?

I am just curious how bad off Lulu will be in the new jungle..after her nerfs she already has alot of trouble with counter junglers, but I had high hopes the new items will help her.

Fisherman Fizz

11-09-2012

Quote:
You'd be surprised because Karthus does an insanely high amount of single target damage once he isolates the big monster (after the small ones die to the AoE).

He also benefits heavily from the addition of a few new jungle items that are aimed towards AP.
What about Fizz? I've been able to jungle him successfully with an AD build in this jungle but will he work in the new one, and would he be better off as an AP doing so with the new items?

KawaiiObiyoSama

11-09-2012

YESSSSSSSS i will be able to kill everyone with ww agian