Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Aw man this'll be great if season 3 rolls around

100th reply.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
4 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pøtatoes View Post
Something tells me "Diana" will be screwed by those changes. Items wont match her playstyle and camps will be stronger :S
Diana actually performs very well in the new jungle. She has access to very high sustained damage and she benefits heavily from the increased gold flow since she scales well with items.

HUME armaGEDDY

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
I like pretty much everything except that.

Raptamei

11-09-2012

- More powerful jungle creeps
- Less effective AoE
- No leashing

= We are intentionally going to make no-sustain AoE junglers like Sejuani, Nautilus and Shyvana useless. (God knows whether or not Skarner and Hecarim will have enough sustain, but they're AoE based so they will get trashed as well)

Look, I understand you're randomly changing the meta just to sell more champions by making the old picks useless, but please consider people who have practiced a lot with the champions that were designed for the old jungle. Half of their kit revolves around jungling effectively and you are now taking this away.

They will end up like Karma - numerically good, but with a kit designed for a role that doesn't exist anymore.

Gj.

Penguin Pwns

11-09-2012

yay no more leashing. i hated that/

DemoGuide

11-09-2012

What happend with heal/mana rewards form camps?

sleepbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I like that the golems are being made more of an appealing target and the wraiths are being lowered. This will help with the counter jungler stealing wraiths early. While still a good play it will lower how significant it is overall.

Zerglinator

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Definitely keeping my eye on several cases like Nautilus. Because his utility and ganks are top of the line, his clears should certainly still be somewhat painful compared to junglers who don't bring those strengths.

We'll be taking a look at junglers across the board and making champion specific changes where necessary. Slightly buffing up the early game of tank junglers such as Rammus and Nautilus (who were in some ways overnerfed due to the current jungle meta) is certainly not out of the question.
So question. Sejuani: Deader than she is now? Or better than she is now?

Eletale

11-09-2012

RIP mid leashing trick. We won't miss you.

TheAnimator54

11-09-2012

Are the Season 2 junglers going to work still? like mundo and shyvana and others of that sort? because i just went hard and bought many junglers of that sort i hope i made a good investment