Remind me again

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I don't know. You'd have to ask Xypherous, since this falls in the realm of S3 items and not TT.
Nome can you explain to me why Hatchet is going to SR? This seems like a huge mistake since it's a HARD counter item. This will absolutely WRECK Mundo/Vlad/Volibear. These champs aren't even problematic at this time...

Lanfeara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestya View Post
Nome can you explain to me why Hatchet is going to SR? This seems like a huge mistake since it's a HARD counter item. This will absolutely WRECK Mundo/Vlad/Volibear. These champs aren't even problematic at this time...
It sounds like you need to ask Xypherous.

NihilMaiza

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Because Madred's has only ever been effective on bruisers, not against them.
If you're buying it on your AD carry you're doing it wrong.
That has to be a joke?
as an ADC you're supposed to be able to take down any champ with just your basic attacks, if you're fighting say a Dr. Mundo, with 4K health and 30-40 Health regen, your attacks are doing nothing and will need a decent amount of CC to counter that. That's why ADC's built Madred's so they can use their basic attacks to take down health stacking champs (bruisers). If you think they're playing incorrectly by building this then you must be really ignorant to the ability of it?

Haeval

11-08-2012

Quote:
we actually had a very powerful version of Madred's called Tankbusta
Not the best name for it..... just saying.

Gurei Fullbuster

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihilMaiza View Post
That has to be a joke?
as an ADC you're supposed to be able to take down any champ with just your basic attacks, if you're fighting say a Dr. Mundo, with 4K health and 30-40 Health regen, your attacks are doing nothing and will need a decent amount of CC to counter that. That's why ADC's built Madred's so they can use their basic attacks to take down health stacking champs (bruisers). If you think they're playing incorrectly by building this then you must be really ignorant to the ability of it?
This is why Madred's Bloodrazor is known as a newb trap. I'm going to look up the thread that explained why, hold on a moment...

Edit: found it
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...78614#26178614

Basically what it boils down to is that while the damage is decent, the damage is does (even on targets with 4k+ hp) is lower than the damage you'd do with another PD/BT. The reason for this is that the %hp dmg is MAGIC, and last I checked AD carries never use magic pen, and the other reason is that that %hp magic dmg does NOT scale with your crit chance, crit dmg, and your lifesteal, unlike BT/PD/LW/IE.

B0N3R DRAG0N

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Out of curiosity, Nome, why was it decided that BotRK would deal percent current health and not max health?
Because being able to consistently heal for a percentage of someone's max health would be op. It would discourage people from build health at all.

Also, image an ADC is getting low during a team fight so they start auto attacking Mundo to get full health. Now that they have health they go back to attacking squishies. Low health again? Where's that darn Mundo so I can heal up.

Cha0sniper

11-08-2012

Quote:
It was actually ____'s Tankbusta. It made sense in the full context of the name. Won't give it away though :P
TB's Tankbusta? :3

DaMiTzNhan

11-08-2012

Quote:
It was basically a combination of Executioner's Calling and Madred's that dealt damage based on max health. It also healed you for half of that bonus damage.
What the **** are you guys smoking?

JackOintern

11-08-2012

Quote:
It was basically a combination of Executioner's Calling and Madred's that dealt damage based on max health. It also healed you for half of that bonus damage.

What prevented bruisers from getting this item and destroying others?

Xenoith

11-08-2012

Twisted Tankbusta probably