Would a "Ranger" charactor work in LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logios

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmG Apollo View Post
This man speaks the truth.
Also, a Red stated elsewhere that a pet-based champion would be near impossible in LoL due to AI issues and the way their coding interacts with each other.
Why would the pet have to rely on AI? You could just control both like you do in DOTA.

Von Nicklesnout

11-08-2012

So you want Syllabear like in Dota. Given League's already bare bones engine when it comes to micro management, gonna have to say that it'd be unlikely unless some major overhauls happened.

Amythist

11-08-2012

pretty sure I have seen reds say multiple times that they would like to make a pet based champ, but at the current time lol's engine does not have solid enough support to offer decent control of the pet so they won't do it until that can be fixed

Toxic Toothpick

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythist View Post
pretty sure I have seen reds say multiple times that they would like to make a pet based champ, but at the current time lol's engine does not have solid enough support to offer decent control of the pet so they won't do it until that can be fixed
How recently was this though?
With how fast this game is going, that could already no longer be the case.

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I agree, we need Power Rangers in Runeterra.

Yoshiro

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSounds View Post
They have problems with AI atm. Plus the ranger could bully his enemy out of lane while sitting snugly at his turret. Ranger op I guess :P
Orianna? A pet you cant kill.

Isist

11-08-2012

only if you have 4 inventory slot instead of 6, then your pet can have 2.

Toxic Toothpick

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isist View Post
only if you have 4 inventory slot instead of 6, then your pet can have 2.
Actually, that could work quite well, if balanced correctly.

Walram Amani

11-10-2012

I have an idea about a ranger-type class. So obviously the pet is the tank and the actual character has no defense and is ranged. i was thinking that hte pet be an item of sorts that you have to buy to scale up the power. Like, the first one would be good to have for the beginning, but wouldn't be "OMG OP". And then you go to the shop to buy the next one, with the one you currently have as a prerequisite. And idunno how many you'd have for scaling, but I was thinking that the total price to get the whole thing would be around 8-10k gold total to build up to it to discourage rushing it because it wouldn't be fair. Maybe, like, a little baby dragon? That ends up as an adult dragon. And I was thinking that to stop the ranger from just sitting in the base, the dragon or whatever it'd be be limited to Nocturnes level 1 ult range. I was also thinking that the Q be the only attack the ranger itself has and can use whenever, and W and E be the pet. R would be some sort of combine attack from them both, so they'd have to both be present and you cannot use without the pet. I was also thinking that if the pet died, you'd have tos tart over getting it, but when it died it gave you some gold so you wouldn't be, like, end-game and hten back to the beginning level pet.

Or to make it more structured:
(I'mma go with it's an archer with a pet dragon)

Passive - Shared Inventory. Items affect both ______ and their dragon.

Q - Piercing Arrow. Skillshot that fires a piercing arrow towards your target, and reduces damage given as it pierces more enemies down to a cap.

W - Flamebreath. The dragon shoots flames in a cone in front of it. (Does not cause a burning affect)

E - Bite. The dragon rends the target with his teeth, causing them to bleed.

R - Combined Might. The dragon sends out a ball of flames at a targeted area while ______ shoots a flurry of arrows. (This I'm unsure of, but you get the idea. You can't do it without the pet)

Pet is an item in the shop and costs 300 gold, but the more powerful ones cost more and more, totalling to 8-10k gold for the final form.

If pet dies, the pet gives a portion of the gold it cost to obtain that form to the champion, and you have to buy it again.

Yeah, I think that's about it. Thoughts?

Walram Amani

11-10-2012

Also: Thanks for the character idea, I'mma design this whether you people like it or not >.>