Remind me again

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoolGus

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Does this mean wicked hatchet and Blade of the Ruined King are coming over to SR?
Yes, he said they were "S3" items which confirms that it is an item for Summoners Rift, since it already exists in TT.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-08-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

That was the plan at the time. I don't know if they still are.

blazerboy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Minor spoiler: Blade of the Ruined King and Wicked Hatchet are actually Season 3 items.
YES, I Love BRK, in a TT I got super fed as Irelia and I bot it because I thought it looked cool, they couldn't kill me at all once I got it XD

NotBuzzJack

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerboy View Post
YES, I Love BRK, in a TT I got super fed as Irelia and I bot it because I thought it looked cool, they couldn't kill me at all once I got it XD
It's really funny on Cho'gath when combined with abyssal. Suddenly the tank is lifestealing.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
Minor spoiler: Blade of the Ruined King and Wicked Hatchet are actually Season 3 items.
During development, we actually had a very powerful version of Madred's called Tankbusta that completely destroyed the Bruiser meta (yes, it can be done!). However, we found that there was a lot of crossover between Takbusta and the S3 items, so we scrapped Tankbusta and brought over the S3 items instead.

BotRK is definitely weaker than Tankbusta, but we'll separate them out again and give TT its own replacement if necessary.
And awesome as the item might be....please don't call it Tankbusta.

Even Tank Buster would be better...or something similar like "Giant Buster" or "Titan Buster" would sound better than ___Busta....

Dreampod

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigliométro View Post
I always wonder what was wrong with EC that did WH happen.
I suspect mostly that it was an active ability. Outside of the top quater-or-so players very few people remember and have the coordination to use active abilities well in combination with their regular abilities. Since healing being a problem is primarily a symptom of lower skill players who don't coordinate their damage as a team, the previous solution was outside the skill range where it was a particular problem.

Jaigar

11-08-2012

Quote:
During development, we actually had a very powerful version of Madred's called Tankbusta that completely destroyed the Bruiser meta (yes, it can be done!). However, we found that there was a lot of crossover between Takbusta and the S3 items, so we scrapped Tankbusta and brought over the S3 items instead.

BotRK is definitely weaker than Tankbusta, but we'll separate them out again and give TT its own replacement if necessary.
I guess I'm not really understanding how they are good against bruisers. Brusiers tend to have more health, but they also have more defensive stats making any on-hit proc effects do less damage.

Theres just something I'm not getting, cause I only got BotRK on brusiers on TT, especially for the spider guy and its slow for my trundle.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
That was the plan at the time. I don't know if they still are.
Interesting; seems like a vastly inferior alternative to MBR. MBR has its own huge set of issues, but I don't see how something that's "4% of their current health" is a good passive to have for killing health stackers/tanks.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-08-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
And awesome as the item might be....please don't call it Tankbusta.

Even Tank Buster would be better...or something similar like "Giant Buster" or "Titan Buster" would sound better than ___Busta....
It was actually ____'s Tankbusta. It made sense in the full context of the name. Won't give it away though :P

NotBuzzJack

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
I guess I'm not really understanding how they are good against bruisers. Brusiers tend to have more health, but they also have more defensive stats making any on-hit proc effects do less damage.

Theres just something I'm not getting, cause I only got BotRK on brusiers on TT, especially for the spider guy and its slow for my trundle.
Blade isn't very expensive and scales off of your enemy, thus making it very cost effective.

1234567 ... 8