Would a "Ranger" charactor work in LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epicbethyname

11-08-2012

Are you talking about a champion similar to the Lone Druid from Dota? I like the concept of such a champion coming to LoL, but MOBAs and MMORPGs are two different generes and thus the pet should not be permanent in a MOBA as it is in a MMORPG.

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Lone_Druid

Rumble Bot

11-08-2012

What about a Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger?

Toxic Toothpick

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicbethyname View Post
Are you talking about a champion similar to the Lone Druid from Dota? I like the concept of such a champion coming to LoL, but MOBAs and MMORPGs are two different generes and thus the pet should not be permanent in a MOBA as it is in a MMORPG.

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Lone_Druid

That is exactly what I was mentioning, I just thought it was bad taste to mention a competing MOBA.
Lone Druid was my favorite Hero from DotA2 by far (and, besides Dazzle, the only one I even like), so that's largely why I made this thread.

AL Penguin

11-08-2012

lol I thought you misspelt Rengar xD

Giotto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

This game can't provide the backbone to use the pet if you notice we can't select anything other than ourselves to control fully. And if the pet have a backlash to the owner for dying, we would want a good control system. In addition, the potential of it goes wrong is extremely high in LoL's balancing system.

Colinsworth

11-08-2012

One of two things would have to happen:
1. The pet would be reliant on AI, which would inevitably frustrate players.
2. The pet would be controlled by alt-click, making it hard to control both the champion and the pet simultaneously.

Epicbethyname

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toothpick View Post
That is exactly what I was mentioning, I just thought it was bad taste to mention a competing MOBA.
Lone Druid was my favorite Hero from DotA2 by far (and, besides Dazzle, the only one I even like), so that's largely why I made this thread.
I don't think there is any issue discussing champions from various games.

But I actually like the idea of a hero with his mechanics coming to LoL. But Lone Druid did require some skill to play properly with the managing of basically two heroes though granted he isn't Meepo, or Chen (imagine that in LoL).

But as others have mentioned I think the biggest hold back to such a champion is the AI system in LoL. Most minion based champions eventually had to get some sort off update to smarten the AI to the minion. That and the incapability to select two heroes at once similar to Dota and so the control mechanics would rather be lackluster.

DaveyBinkers

11-08-2012

I rather like this idea. Well done!

The only problem I foresee is, how would you control movement on both the champ and pet? Or would it act like tibbers but follow your ability usages?

DmG Apollo

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinsworth View Post
One of two things would have to happen:
1. The pet would be reliant on AI, which would inevitably frustrate players.
2. The pet would be controlled by alt-click, making it hard to control both the champion and the pet simultaneously.
This man speaks the truth.
Also, a Red stated elsewhere that a pet-based champion would be near impossible in LoL due to AI issues and the way their coding interacts with each other.

I Am Tolan

11-08-2012

lol