Sejuani Defense Steroid Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeDerp

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
so she no longer applies frost on aa's... forcing you to gank with "q" to apply frost and now "e" does 70% slow max rank + 15% slow? or just 15% slow?
The idea was that E would now have the additional effect of applying Frost with auto-attacks(plus, you need a point in E for Q to apply Frost).
Activating her E will just activate Perma-frost, like it currently does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunal View Post
As for a new passive... Something affecting her mobility.
My idea for a new passive for her would be that she ignores unit collision from minions(and only minions), and can auto-attack whilst moving.
The latter would be quite a unique effect, as no other champions have it, and both fit with the fact that she's a rider

Thessalonike

11-08-2012

so you are going to extend the range of "e" to cover the additional 150 units + aoe distance on "r" or just say its all inclusive?

JoeDerp

11-08-2012

Personally, I feel her E shouldn't have any range at all, instead being global.
If it must have a maximum range, it should be a long one, like around 1000.

Thessalonike

11-08-2012

zombie and dunal,

you guys know me by now.. i am after anything but brining sejuani in line with the other tanks.

i am happy with leaving her passive as is, fixing the mark and allowing her to attack on the move. investing the rest into "q" stop removal.

llDeathCowll

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombifiedAngel View Post

Pretty sure 1000 is the range on her e.

llDeathCowll

11-08-2012

Also, I don't know that a tank steroid is what she needs...I think a passive ms increase on her q(her pig related ability) would be perfect.

alpha quail

11-08-2012

Quote:
THE SLOW IS NOT THE POINT OF SEJUANi'S PASSIVE
THE POINT OF IT IS TO APPLY A MARK THAT AMPLIFIES HER OTHER SKILLS AGAINST THAT TARGET
THE SLOW IS JUST THE ICING ON THE CAKE

If you really feel her passive needs a change, just make her current a passive on her E, and give her an entirely new passive.
That's one way to look at it.

The other is it's a stupid way to limit her.

"Oh you need the frost to apply full W damage, enjoy being forced to charge into jungle camps if you want to clear them all with one W"

I get why it's attached to her E, a 70% AoE ms slow is a bit extreme without justification, but as you said frost should just be an E passive and NOT her passive. As it stands during your clears you're forced to Q into the camp if you want to clear with one W, that's great and all but at level one it's got a nasty 18 second CD, and without blue the mana can add up rather quickly.

It's also stupid in teamfights. Common to popular belief the other team is NOT going to bunch up for me to apply frost, so stop cutting my damage so severely. Sej is an offensive utility tank, however she's like 100000x worse than amumu in doing so. He's got a better engage, a better ult, at least a tiny def roid, and he does a LOT more damage thanks to having 2 damaging abilities.

Sej has ONE real damage ability and it's not only a timed one (you know what's great? ganking a vlad on 10%hp to have him troll pool nearly your entire W and get away because you can't fiddily squat after it ends) but requires you to have frost stacks on everyone you want to hurt for non-mediocre damage.

AKA her W needs some fine tuning, and a real passive would be nice. Also Q SHOULD NOT STOP AT CHAMPIONS ROIT PLZ. It's literally a worse version of khaz/trist jump. Bad damage, bad CD, no reset, and the slow is 10% until you activate E.

Thessalonike

11-08-2012

Quote:
I think you are right... a lot is messed up with "e" but being marked with the passive should be it 3 seconds no range restrictions.

Artum Tsumia

11-08-2012

Quote:
THE SLOW IS NOT THE POINT OF SEJUANi'S PASSIVE
THE POINT OF IT IS TO APPLY A MARK THAT AMPLIFIES HER OTHER SKILLS AGAINST THAT TARGET
THE SLOW IS JUST THE ICING ON THE CAKE
The slows are the entire point of Sejuani. That being said, the slow on her passive is far too weak to use it just for the slow. Her auto attacks are also far too weak for her to bother with them unless she needs to apply Frost. What we end up with is a champion with a passive that augments her skills, but is also countered by tenacity. A tank that has nothing to do when all abilities are on cooldown. She also doesn't have a defensive steroid to allow her to stick around fights long enough for her skills to come off cooldown.

I'm not going to call Sejuani weak, she's decent, even arguably does more damage than Amumu if built for it (though he does have a passive MR shred). As much as I like her though, she does come off as underwhelming and there are other champions that offer more consistency without being nearly as item dependent as Sejuani. I wouldn't change much about her kit and I think about everything get's covered in her Drawing Board thread.

Thessalonike

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha quail View Post
That's one way to look at it.

The other is it's a stupid way to limit her.

"Oh you need the frost to apply full W damage, enjoy being forced to charge into jungle camps if you want to clear them all with one W"

I get why it's attached to her E, a 70% AoE ms slow is a bit extreme without justification, but as you said frost should just be an E passive and NOT her passive. As it stands during your clears you're forced to Q into the camp if you want to clear with one W, that's great and all but at level one it's got a nasty 18 second CD, and without blue the mana can add up rather quickly.

It's also stupid in teamfights. Common to popular belief the other team is NOT going to bunch up for me to apply frost, so stop cutting my damage so severely. Sej is an offensive utility tank, however she's like 100000x worse than amumu in doing so. He's got a better engage, a better ult, at least a tiny def roid, and he does a LOT more damage thanks to having 2 damaging abilities.
come on alpha... stupid is a bit strong. everyone has an idea and if you hang out near more sejuani threads you will see i am a tad on the high side of being adamant that she gets nothing in the way of an ability steroid and although i get extremely tired of seeing players with zero sejuani experience trying to change a champ i play a lot. but i try and avoid calling an opinion stupid and you can too. zombified has been cool, dunal, arctic and more have been very decent in the discussions.

Quote:
Sej has ONE real damage ability and it's not only a timed one (you know what's great? ganking a vlad on 10%hp to have him troll pool nearly your entire W and get away because you can't fiddily squat after it ends) but requires you to have frost stacks on everyone you want to hurt for non-mediocre damage.
just curiou, where is your "q" in this gank? you already have the ms advantage and your angle should anticipate an escape.

Quote:
AKA her W needs some fine tuning, and a real passive would be nice. Also Q SHOULD NOT STOP AT CHAMPIONS ROIT PLZ. It's literally a worse version of khaz/trist jump. Bad damage, bad CD, no reset, and the slow is 10% until you activate E.
^ this soooo much. removing the "q" does sooo much to improve her.