Why is Force of Nature being removed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snightx

11-08-2012

I love that item... best MR item for Mundo or Amumu or any champ that needs some moving speed with some regan and mr

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Because Riot felt that the stats should be redistributed onto new, separate items to keep things interesting, and add variety and itemization options.

Doom Maggot

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snightx View Post
I love that item... best MR item for Mundo or Amumu or any champ that needs some moving speed with some regan and mr
No.
Just no.

WardJumpForJesus

11-08-2012

cause its op

The McSmashy

11-08-2012

From what I gathered:

1.) It's got too much MR. It's both slot efficient (you get a lot of stats for one item) AND cost-efficient (You get a lot of stats for your gold). They want this as an either-or thing, you either get good cost-effectiveness but not good slot efficiency (Haunting Guise), or the other way around (Tri-Force).

2.) Movespeed as a whole is being addressed. Some classes and champions got easy access to movespeed because the items that randomly gave Movespeed (Like FoN and Lich Bane) just became 'Faster' because of it. Any mid that builds Lichbane regularly has 8% more Movespeed than listed, just because. And AD Carries automatically have the highest movespeed in the game once their PD is built, simply because it's one of their core items. Anyone who wants to buy movespeed needs to get some stats they don't want, most of the time, or they're buying the items for the normal stats and getting mobility for free.

hyphymang

11-08-2012

FoN movement speed helps because so many new champs have gap closers and cc

Snightx

11-08-2012

Well I just dont get it.... Get rid of something useless like warmogs or Thornmail.... What is it that lately they have been trying to help aps out alot more then ads.... Ads get items that work against them like THornmails, Frozen heart and aps get items that prevent them from getting 2 OP deleted... makes no sense to me... but w/e

Aria Sachou

11-08-2012

I build Fons on my Nasus and I love the item
Q.Q Now Nasus has even less options for Speed and gapclosing

Windless Bear

11-08-2012

Force of Nature being removed, mages gaining the ability to cut magic resist down to near true damage.

Ok.

PrincessDerpy

11-08-2012

Because it did a lot of not very related things.

And it was a pretty terrible item to build if you were just looking for the MR. Something of a trap in that respect, it had the highest MR value in a single slot, but the real reason to buy it was its passives.