Sejuani Defense Steroid Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PocketMarsh

11-08-2012

It is widely known that what is keeping Sejuani from being a regular pick is her lack of a defensive steroid. She does have other problems but I believe they are made up for by her AoE's and her CC. What she needs as a tank in this game is to have some sort of defensive bonus from something. I think the most logical and easiest to balance would be a short defensive bonus on casting her Q (the charge one), I'll write down what I propose

Arctic Assault: Damage remains 60/90/130/170/210+(0.4 AP), Cooldown remains 19-11, Mana cost remains 70-90, Range at 700. BUT NOW ALSO Armour and Magic Resistance increased by 20% for 4 seconds following the casting of this spell. OR Armour increased by 20-40 for 4 seconds following the casting of this spell.

I believe it should be on her charge because it most fits in with the "jump in there" playstyle

I just think it would fix her item reliance early game and stop her from just being crushed by other champions without much compensation.

I want to be able to play a horny (hue) pig riding ice queen and feel like a badass instead of just charging in and getting beat up before I can do my stuff. I want to feel like a beefy (or porky?) tank and with no defensive bonus/steroid I just feel weak and vulnerable.

Post your thoughts, thanks

EDIT: (credit to Whysopaperclip) Bonus gained from Arctic Assault (charge) are increased based on champions or enemies hit by charge (with cap).

Destaice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Maybe the bonus she gets will depend on how many enemies are hit by the charge, up to a cap.

Genspirit

11-08-2012

tbh she just needs a pulsefire skin

JoeDerp

11-08-2012

Q: Gains a minor shield for each enemy that gets Frost'd by her Q.
(Makes it more useful for initiating)

W: Also grants bonus Armour and Magic Resist for its duration.

How does this sound to you guys?

Bullettime7

11-08-2012

Passive: Frost
-Sejuani's basic attacks apply Frost, a slowing effect, reducing enemy movement speed by 10% for 3 seconds. Sejuani gains an additional 4% Armor and Magic Resistance for every target affected by Frost, up to 20%.

Thessalonike

11-08-2012

what is keeping sejuani from being a regular pick is players running her like she has a defensive steroid. if you want to do that choose amumu, nautilus, malphite, rammus, or any of the others.

edit: why do you want to charge in with "q" anyway as the norm? all you do is headbutt the enemy tank and destroy most of your angles for "r". congratulations she is now even closer to being amumu than ever except positioning for her ult and any reason to have range on it and "e" has been removed.

JoeDerp

11-08-2012

THE SLOW IS NOT THE POINT OF SEJUANi'S PASSIVE
THE POINT OF IT IS TO APPLY A MARK THAT AMPLIFIES HER OTHER SKILLS AGAINST THAT TARGET
THE SLOW IS JUST THE ICING ON THE CAKE

If you really feel her passive needs a change, just make her current a passive on her E, and give her an entirely new passive.

ninbushido

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombifiedAngel View Post
THE SLOW IS NOT THE POINT OF SEJUANi'S PASSIVE
THE POINT OF IT IS TO APPLY A MARK THAT AMPLIFIES HER OTHER SKILLS AGAINST THAT TARGET
THE SLOW IS JUST THE ICING ON THE CAKE

If you really feel her passive needs a change, just make her current a passive on her E, and give her an entirely new passive.
Yeah, just put her passive on her E. Maybe make it scale a little. 11/12/13/14/15% slow.

Then give her a new passive: Tundra Dominance - Every enemy affected by Frost or Permafrost grants Sejuani 5 Armor, 5 MRes, and 5 Movement Speed, for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Each time Frost is reapplied to an enemy, the bonus and its stacks are refreshed.

Thessalonike

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
Yeah, just put her passive on her E. Maybe make it scale a little. 11/12/13/14/15% slow.

Then give her a new passive: Tundra Dominance - Every enemy affected by Frost or Permafrost grants Sejuani 5 Armor, 5 MRes, and 5 Movement Speed, for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Each time Frost is reapplied to an enemy, the bonus and its stacks are refreshed.
so she no longer applies frost on aa's... forcing you to gank with "q" to apply frost and now "e" does 70% slow max rank + 15% slow? or just 15% slow?

Dunal

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
so she no longer applies frost on aa's... forcing you to gank with "q" to apply frost and now "e" does 70% slow max rank + 15% slow? or just 15% slow?
I think the implication was that her E would now have a passive that gives her AA's the ability to apply frost.

That could work. Only issue is that her level 1 would become awful. W would have to be tweaked to apply frost when Sejuani gets attacked or something (but only by creeps). Makes enough sense anyway.

As for a new passive... Something affecting her mobility. Or possibly cooldowns. For example, when she receives damage -- she receives X MS that stacks. Simple yet effective. Actually, since her main flaw in laning is being harassed/poked -- this would increase viability I guess.