End-of-Season Two Patch Update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Ahri World

11-08-2012

excited for these changes

PhantomScythe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

cant wait

Banglinator

11-08-2012

I can't imagine how upset you people would be if they actually released it now and it was super buggy. You would really flip out at that point. Obviously you have never been programmers, so much time, double, tripple, even quadruple checking goes into it, debugging, beta testing, everything. Just chill out, they would rather release a finished perfect product than a half assed crappy product that everyone will hate. just go play the FREE game and stop your whining.

King Reedwise

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglinator View Post
I can't imagine how upset you people would be if they actually released it now and it was super buggy. You would really flip out at that point. Obviously you have never been programmers, so much time, double, tripple, even quadruple checking goes into it, debugging, beta testing, everything. Just chill out, they would rather release a finished perfect product than a half assed crappy product that everyone will hate. just go play the FREE game and stop your whining.
so because we have never been programmers.. we aren't entitled to some sort of reasonable update as far as the season 2 rewards?

They originally said the end of October. Then Nov 6. My friends and I were struggling to get everyone Gold by the deadline - but most of us have been waiting for it since before it was supposed to end in October. We want it to come out. We wanted it to come out the last two deadlines that were set for it.

It isn't about quality, it's about communication. The note in the client says,

"Ranked queues will remain available until the end-of-season patch is ready."

That makes it sound like it was going to be last night, or something. But it wasn't. It's two days late and they won't even say when it is going to be. There's a difference between, "you don't know how programming works so shut up you are too entitled" and, "we said x would happen on y date, then we changed y to z but now z has come and gone and we have no way to offer any sort of update."

I've managed programmers before. And computer animators. I understand quality is important, but so are deadlines. Why give out a date and then miss it repeatedly? Why not just post and say, "season ends November 15th"

Wow, look at that. A minor managerial change and all of the sudden there's quality work and it doesn't look like we're disorganized and treating our customers poorly. I hate people nowadays saying gamers are, "too entitled" No. That's stupid.

Something was supposed to happen two days ago, and it didn't happen and no one will say when it is going to happen. Nobody likes that. The customer isn't the one that said November 6th, the corporation was. That date could have been any date in the next 3 months and it was totally in their control but they gave us a date and failed to meet it. That's the problem.

Sisuwolf

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglinator View Post
People are less frustrated with it not being released. Most of the frustration is coming from no communication from Riot. Kind of funny how this is an offense that can get you banned. I personally wouldn't even care if it took them another week or two to finish this patch as long as Riot would tell us some information about when it will be released.

OP originally said have fun with the last few hours of season two. It's been three days now since the release date and they still have not given any information other than it's not done yet and it will be done at some point.

Please Riot just give us an update on what is happening. Give us an approximate release date/time. That's all that most people want.

We know you are working hard and we all are excited for the new season but give us some information. You know how bad it sucks to be in a game with a person who won't communicate. You are essentially doing that to your whole community. Riot please stop acting like a non-communicative summoner.

Even bad news that it might be a few days or weeks is better than no news. You might be scared to give us information many people don't want to hear but it is far more honorable to tell us the truth than to be afraid and give us no information at all.

MirrorLilyGen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Take your time please I am almost 1500

LegendSWR

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
so because we have never been programmers.. we aren't entitled to some sort of reasonable update as far as the season 2 rewards?

They originally said the end of October. Then Nov 6. My friends and I were struggling to get everyone Gold by the deadline - but most of us have been waiting for it since before it was supposed to end in October. We want it to come out. We wanted it to come out the last two deadlines that were set for it.

It isn't about quality, it's about communication. The note in the client says,

"Ranked queues will remain available until the end-of-season patch is ready."

That makes it sound like it was going to be last night, or something. But it wasn't. It's two days late and they won't even say when it is going to be. There's a difference between, "you don't know how programming works so shut up you are too entitled" and, "we said x would happen on y date, then we changed y to z but now z has come and gone and we have no way to offer any sort of update."

I've managed programmers before. And computer animators. I understand quality is important, but so are deadlines. Why give out a date and then miss it repeatedly? Why not just post and say, "season ends November 15th"

Wow, look at that. A minor managerial change and all of the sudden there's quality work and it doesn't look like we're disorganized and treating our customers poorly. I hate people nowadays saying gamers are, "too entitled" No. That's stupid.

Something was supposed to happen two days ago, and it didn't happen and no one will say when it is going to happen. Nobody likes that. The customer isn't the one that said November 6th, the corporation was. That date could have been any date in the next 3 months and it was totally in their control but they gave us a date and failed to meet it. That's the problem.

yah i agree, even tho i understand i d rather want a better and more perfect patch than a crappy one, but they certainly did not stick to their promise, and most importantly their promise was very much off, hope the gap will be less next time, instead of 7-10days off.

and yah like many others r saying, update the posts pls, that ll satisfy many anxious ppl, including me too actually.

CLF23

11-08-2012

When S2 end??/

Dejan Borenol

11-08-2012

what kind of rewards for S1 before? Maybe we could make a similar guess?????????????

Dejan Borenol 76

11-08-2012

What kinds of items were offered at the end of S1? Maybe we could make a similar guess