Why You Lost (Extended Addition!)

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethadind

11-07-2012

Thanks for the positive feedback and the bumps guys. Glad to see the new and improved guide is actually new...and improved. Stories are always appreciated as well. Keep practicing, keep carrying!

Nroc

11-07-2012

I want to know more about this group your apart of.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

11-07-2012

Hey man, I enjoyed the post. I've recently returned to LoL after a LONG hiatus, so some of it didn't pertain to me. I left the game right around the time the ladders originally came out, go figure, but want to play again, so I find myself as a lvl30 noob. I've got to do a ton of reading and practice, but loved the tips. Keep it up.

ryzeonline

11-07-2012

Lethadind, I love you.

Like, so much, no ****.

This could be published in Barnes & Noble, and it's something I'd have easily written myself.

---

There's not much I can add, but you may like my post:

Power, Respect & Attention On Your Team
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=567669

If there's any ideas in there that can help with this beautiful work of art, please... take 'em!

---

Thanks, you're a great person, and I'd be honored to play with you sometime.

Lethadind

11-08-2012

Sometimes this happens guys, and there's really not much you can do about it. However, it's rare, usually you can prevent a loss from happening.

By the way "SpammerAccount" is my alt account, not yet to 30, so this was a normal draft game. Yes it happens to me too, even on my main account, and is the source for many of my losses. This is one of those games that I couldn't do anything about. I might have been able to play a little better, make some better moves, come off with a few more kills a few less deaths, but this loss was unpreventable. From all my games from level 1 to (now) level 24 on this account, there have been about 3 of these. They don't happen that often. Keep your chin up, figure out what you could have done better, and do it!

EDIT: By the way, the Shyvana was freaking out over and over and over (to the point that I had to mute her) about how she always gets horrible teams. Take a look at her build, also, take a look at her score. She was 0/3 when I was 5/2 and the team was something like 6/12. She never died at bot lane, which meant she fed either the jungler or mid/top lanes. The point I'm making is she played horribly from start to finish, and couldn't see it. I even pointed out a few things that would have helped her. It's funny when people go in rage mode because they completely bypass any information they don't want to see and continue to act out. DO NOT QUOTE THIS SAYING YOU SAW SOMEONE DO THIS ONCE (OR SEE IT ALL THE TIME) OR I WILL CHOP YOUR BALLS OFF! YOU do it too. STOP WORRYING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE! Start noticing when you do **** like this instead!

ninjapanda

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethadind View Post
Reserved for Q&A post.

Also, Community information:

As a disclaimer before I post anything about this community, let me tell you about it. It's a community of people from all Elo ranges either trying to improve their game (not their Elo), or helping others to do so. Sometimes the "middle members" (1300-1500 Elo) are doing both. It's a rage-free community with a no-tolerance, banned-from-the-community-at-the-first-offense policy.

I hesitate to post the information here because I know some of you are tools, and will use the info to simply troll the community. I pity you if you do, and ask that you don't, but I know how effective that will be.

Elo Heaven, this is the community website - though it's not updated often. What you do here is go to "getting started" or whatever, and check out the information about raidcall. Download raidcall, go to the community portal on RC, and apply to be a member.

A mentor/admin will accept your application when they get to it (sometimes it'll take an hour or two, depending on who's on and what they're doing), and you're in.

There is also a community Chat Room in the League of Legends PVP Client (Where you search for games, see the beautiful Nikasaur do her art thing, and check out recent updates as well as spectate high-elo games, etc.) called "ninjapanda." Just open up your chat button (the one with two speech bubbles next to friends and the "!"), Click the speech bubble with a plus on it (the tag says "Create/Join a Chat Room" and type in "ninjapanda." Lots of announcements and LFG happens in that chat room.

The community does inhouses (5v5 SR custom games with every member being from the community) all the time, some mentored, some just for fun, and you'll find people doing things like 5 man premade normals (sometimes ranked) and a TON of people looking for a duo partner.

I encourage anyone who wants to improve their ability and has humbled themselves enough to recognize that you NEED to actually IMPROVE your ability to stop by and say hello. The community is friendly, though sometimes the chat room appears full and it's actually like 30 afk people - don't be discouraged if you jump in and say something and don't get a response for several minutes, or even at all. Just keep trying back.

Good luck guys, don't make me regret posting this info here please!
I approve of this guide!

Glad to see members' feedback about the community, and even happier that it's been a positive learning experience.

Thumbs up! :3

Oyxl

11-09-2012

I had a match a day or two ago. I was playing Orianna mid against Kat. Now, I don't know how I'm supposed to win my lane versus Kat, but I think I'm not supposed to. So what I did was turn it around, got Kage's, stayed relatively close to my tower and hardly wasted any mana in an effort to actually kill her and focussed on getting all the CS I could possibly get. I tried warding the sides. Evertime I noticed Kat left, I pinged bot and top lane, while I immediately started pushing mid towards the tower. Kat usually showed up pretty quickly after, most of the time given away by the wards. I tried to prevent her from getting an actual chance to roam.

I had to go back to get potions a few times and my early game wasn't much to speak of in terms of gold or kills.

Top and bottom lane, meanwhile, were getting obliterated by their respective opponents. They had 0/4/1 types of counts long before I even started dying.

Top Tower went down and they came towerdiving mid. I died. Lacking any form of real AP due to my horrible minion count, I decided to move to half AP half Support. I started picking up more and more wards, in an attempt to give us more map awareness.

By now, 3 out of 5 players had a 3+ death count. I still only had 1. I warded about 4 out of 5 locations and ended up getting countered by Kat + Jungler. We had no teamfight. Our players just randomly walked the map, blaming eachother for our loss.

I ended up getting 4 deaths, and some assists. Most of them were well into the 7+ death regions. The only thing that was said right before we were defeated was;

"Ori......"

Really, you're going to blame me for losing? If anyone has any tips on Ori vs Kat (blind pick), let me know, because I did the best I could.

Togekiss24

11-09-2012

Oyxl, I can kind of relate because I just came from a ranked match where by the end of the game, EVERYONE pointed the finger at mid.

I was playing Ryze versus a Diana in mid. At the start of the game I was good about dodging her Q harass and out-trading her while she seemingly auto-pushed the lane. Doing this I actually pushed her back... Once. She started roaming right off the bat, and in response I just called my MIAs and notified where she could potentially be and etc. I made a **** play where I facechecked the small bush near mid to ward and got jumped by both her and their jungler... The jungler picked up the kill and she got the assist. It doesn't end there, she only came in lane to push the wave then she went back to roaming. Meanwhile, the AD carry Jayce at bot lane grew ballsy after getting FB on their carry and started dying quite a lot. The jungler wasn't doing well either, as he was getting shut out hard and the enemy team's jungler was getting fed. Only top was doing fine because it was Yorick vs. Riven... Then Diana finally got a few kills from her ganks and that's where the snowballing ensues. By the time she commits to my lane she is about 3 levels ahead of me and as soon as her Q lands on me, she nukes me straight from under my tower while taking minimal damage. From then on every lane pretty much loses. I ended up being sub-par while Diana and I think their jungler already had about 4 core items in their builds. Guess who my team blames? Me. I know I made mistakes in that match, but for the entire team, even though they were losing lanes as badly as I was and dying repeatedly, to point the finger at me alone just infuriated me. What's laughable is that my jungler begged to report me because I chose not to go in and try to kill 4 fully fed players at our base in my own right.

I would really like advice as well.

Hirumonogatari

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethadind View Post
Sometimes this happens guys, and there's really not much you can do about it. However, it's rare, usually you can prevent a loss from happening.

By the way "SpammerAccount" is my alt account, not yet to 30, so this was a normal draft game. Yes it happens to me too, even on my main account, and is the source for many of my losses. This is one of those games that I couldn't do anything about. I might have been able to play a little better, make some better moves, come off with a few more kills a few less deaths, but this loss was unpreventable. From all my games from level 1 to (now) level 24 on this account, there have been about 3 of these. They don't happen that often. Keep your chin up, figure out what you could have done better, and do it!

EDIT: By the way, the Shyvana was freaking out over and over and over (to the point that I had to mute her) about how she always gets horrible teams. Take a look at her build, also, take a look at her score. She was 0/3 when I was 5/2 and the team was something like 6/12. She never died at bot lane, which meant she fed either the jungler or mid/top lanes. The point I'm making is she played horribly from start to finish, and couldn't see it. I even pointed out a few things that would have helped her. It's funny when people go in rage mode because they completely bypass any information they don't want to see and continue to act out. DO NOT QUOTE THIS SAYING YOU SAW SOMEONE DO THIS ONCE (OR SEE IT ALL THE TIME) OR I WILL CHOP YOUR BALLS OFF! YOU do it too. STOP WORRYING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE! Start noticing when you do **** like this instead!
this is the thing i don't get.

why are they in my games when their skill level is clearly far below the average in either team? going 0/2/1 i can get, but going anything above 4 deaths without at least the same number of assists makes me think you need to improve before coming back.

and the fact that they don't see they are playing badly distresses me. especially when they start asking people to report each other. i dont know if the cases ever get to tribunal, or what they are reporting for, but i'm just paranoid of these reports.

Artemis Enterori

11-09-2012

I agree with your post, good job, except on two points
4. Stupid Theories
5. Supports, and Why They Can Carry (Nope You're Wrong, They Can)

Your whole post seems like a stupid theory, except I don't judge it stupid. You judge others theories like they could judge yours.... I don't like that XD

Also, about supports. 0-1300 elo bracket, supports ARE often reduced not to carry.Why? Because the support gives tools to his team (wards, CC etc.) but he will not dish insane amounts of damage. What his team does with the tools, however, is not in his control, which is why you rely a lot on your team to win. Also, the support is not the only responsible for the ad carry being fed, the ad carry himself has a lot of work to do, and can still carry even if the support does a bad job (it is harder, of course). But a very good support with a very bad ad carry might not be able to win the lane, and if it happens, the support has almost no power on the events. I do often win games with Leona, and sometimes I like supporting, but the reasons above are why I prefer not to.

123456 ... 7