Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caladrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Are you guys nerfing Sapphire Crystal's gold cost and mana stats? I'm trying to puzzle out how the new Tear will only cost 700g (I assume that's total cost) when crystal + meki is 790, and the crystal nerf makes the most sense since the regen hasn't changed.

Weegee7

11-08-2012

So what about Manamune? Is it remaining largely unchanged? I can't see building that on anyone except Yorick and Blitzcrank right now.

Solmane

11-08-2012

So theory crafting with Sion, does his E apply in this case? More health, more mana, :3 stack manamune and Seraphs (and Archangels?)

Also on a somewhat related note, Sion Maw of Mal, His W, and Seraph's could potentially give him a good amount of bubble? (Not saying OP, just need more info. Like Xyph's post about blitzcrank)

Also, are shields additive or the highest amount used? Ex. Lux W and Sion Shield. Morg Shield and Maw

Dreampod

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

The passive is mostly the same, with one key difference: Tear of the Goddess used to trigger on spellcasts; now it triggers when you spend Mana, including through the use of channeled effects. While these two effects are one and the same for most characters, any character that has a channeled effect that costs mana will now be able to use Tears to greater effect. Characters like Anivia and Karthus who were already excellent with Tear of the Goddess now have additional ways to trigger it, while some characters like Singed and Ashe will have a newfound ability to trigger Tear of the Goddess from their toggled abilities, opening up new item paths for those characters.
Given that you've already indicated that this helps open up different build options for Ashe does that mean Manamune is getting some changes to make it a more viable option for anything other than a couple champions who can abuse it enough to overcome the nerfage? Is there a upgraded when fully stacked version for that too? Spoil us.

Elegi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yes. Probably a better path to get a Manamune as the second item if you're going to get *two* tears.
So Manamune still exists then? What is it going to look like with the new changes?

CynicalGiant

11-08-2012

Id like to see Manamune become something like Seraph's. If it were good I could build it on champs like Gangplank, Jarvan and Wukong.

Elchulus

11-08-2012

Karthus buff

Watch me sit in mid lane all day and stack that Tear.

Demonic Instinct

11-08-2012

Any word on Manamune and/or it's up-gradable parts?

VeNiiC

11-08-2012

Soo uh.... a free blitz shield for every ap champ? And think about blitz! DOUBLE SHIELD. wooow insane stuff

Dreampod

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchulus View Post
Karthus buff

Watch me sit in mid lane all day and stack that Tear.
Which isn't any different than it was before, except that he can start doing that even sooner.