Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

How will this affect a champ like nidalee?

She used to be a decent archangel user but with the fact that transform and all the cougar abilities don't cost mana I can't see how on earth she could possibly charge the thing to full.

murlocmancer

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishPasta View Post
Isn't there a good reason Blitz's passive doesn't actually steal mana? Aren't you concerned that because the item may effectively silence your character (and since you never actually upgrade it, there's no choice not to), it will be a worse item?
You don't have to use hte passive and with the massive amount of mana you will have room to spare 25%

Darkomantis

11-08-2012

I'm really excited to see the new changes for ToG and Archangel's Staff! However I'm anxious to hear what is in store for Manamune. Will you include the changes for that or is it still a the same except less mana..?

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

uhm, xyphy. i dont see a real point to this change for the tear on champions with channeled abilities, since the cooldown for the mana charge is still 3 seconds. it wont make much of a difference to champions like karthus (definitely not for karthus with his spamable q) or anivia, who has her ult on a short cooldown or can manage her spells to profit from the mana charge as much as possible.

maybe instead, it would have been nice, if the tear charged on the amount of mana spent with a single spell, so that it would rather become useful on champions with high cooldowns and higher mana costs for a single use of their spells. (lux, annie, gragas for example).

Surakai

11-08-2012

feels like we now have the option to get a higher mana shield with RoA or a slow with Rylias instead of feelings like Rylias is the only way to go.

Moobeat

11-08-2012

This is exciting!

Bossob

11-08-2012

Hm...I was wondering what Morello meant with his comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Manamune is one sword of the master.

Legend has it there's a sister sword - but more perfect in its creation. Only those that bring the original work to its apex can ever wield it.

*Evil cackle*

And just to clarify, does this mean that for every second an ability is being channeled, it gains mana? Or does it only gain mana at the start of the channeled ability.

Ex: if I use Anivia ulti continuously for 10 seconds, do I gain 12 mana? Or just 5?

Edit: Just saw the comment about the internal cd, so I revised my question

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-08-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
She used to be a decent archangel user but with the fact that transform and all the cougar abilities don't cost mana I can't see how on earth she could possibly charge the thing to full.
The tooltip doesn't currently mention it - but anything that used to charge tears will still charged tears. 'Whenever you cast a spell or spend mana' is the actual full trigger.

Zerglinator

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It's actually a 3 second internal cooldown - and yes.

Potentially - but look at Singed's viable alternate: Rod of Ages, which gives him a similar amount of Mana (800 vs. 1000) and similar stats. While enabling tears on Singed might push him over the top - it wouldn't push him any more so than getting a fast Rod of Ages would.
Seraph RoA Singed is the best Singed.

BroughtMyFgame

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Bonus Mana is tied to the 'Mana Charge' passive itself - which is tied to only the item itself. There's no getting around charging the item if you want it to upgrade.
So in all theory, it is POSSIBLE to have 2 fully stacked Seraph's Embraces, both providing +1000 mana? Obviously not optimal, just theorycrafting here.