@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptor J3sus

11-08-2012

dude, you knew what you were doing, and you admitting even worsens it.

deal with it

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBeWarnedx View Post
You need sum1 holding your hand the whole time telling you what is and what isnt right?

You should know this by yourself.

Cursing swearing is bad, if you see a teamate having a rough game, give him pointers, not insults.
My problem was I let trolls get the best of me and then essentially became worse then what they were. If some guy on teemo just gives up sells all his items and makes swastikas with wards then ill probally go off hardcore on him XD

Caristinn

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJadaris View Post
Out of the ban deciding game, but still the same abrasive ******bag that got you canned from interacting with the community in the first place. Sounds like you're the one who should be permabanned.
Has the community really changed to be against Pendragon? That's awesome. He used to be what Ron Paul was to Reddit.

Meiu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurmoudy View Post
No you are absolutely right. I was being a little snot trying to skirt the system best I could. I just want a fair chance at redemption so I can be one of those players that people can point at to show this community isnt that bad.

But i wholey understand your verdict, I just want to try and make things right as best I can.
Your chances of redemption were any warnings you had. You can't "make things right" because you already screwed up. All you can do is not screw up more and hope you get to keep your new account.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKuno View Post
I think Lyte posted somewhere that when they go through manual checks and find people that are toxic they would be permabanned on the spot.

I would need to find that post where he said it though so I don't just spout nonsense.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...40813#28540813

I think I found it here. That's the manual sweep and the tribunal can't wait for that.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...e+manual+sweep

This is another one.
It actually looks like the thread you just posted was in reference to instant banns for unfair/troll reports. I think but not sure.

Besteality

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Contrary to popular belief, I'm out of the ban-deciding game these days, although I will give an opinion.

My stance is:

- You knew your behavior was abysmal yet decided to act that way anyway
- You knew the potential consequences, you just thought you'd have a chance to get out of it before

Sounds like you were trying to get away with as much as you could and it bit you. I think that's pretty inexcusable. The Tribunal is one tool we have, but it's not the only tool.
While you are completely correct on both points, neither point suggests that a person can't/won't learn their lesson - and perhaps make himself and the community better for it.

Like you, I'm a bit skeptical, but the optimist in me just wants to believe that anyone that shows probable cause for reformation deserves a second chance.

This apology is a good first step imho.

Just my $.02.

Meiu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJadaris View Post
Out of the ban deciding game, but still the same abrasive ******bag that got you canned from interacting with the community in the first place. Sounds like you're the one who should be permabanned.
Wow, wasn't aware the world was full of little baby girls who get offended when other people tell the truth and don't sugar coat it. Your mommies nips are -> that way.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiu View Post
Your chances of redemption were any warnings you had. You can't "make things right" because you already screwed up. All you can do is not screw up more and hope you get to keep your new account.
Once again, you didnt read the thread. I didnt recieve any warnings.

SeattleReign

11-08-2012

Just the fact that he admits he was that awful means he was about as low as it gets. I'm guessing he was doing something along the lines of telling people to kill themselves etc...

Meiu

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besteality View Post
While you are completely correct on both points, neither point suggests that a person can't learn their lesson.

Like you, I'm a bit skeptical, but the optimist in me just wants to believe that anyone that shows probably cause for reformation deserves a second chance.

Just my $.02.
The guy didn't learn his lesson which is why he got banned, if he learned his lesson he would have stopped due to his warnings. Now that he is punished, he gets to start over and try not to screw up again. Just because you "change" later doesn't entitle revoking a punishment you deserve, if anything riot should delete these accounts instead of ban them to end this whole "but I am nice now" ****, when they were already ******s to being with.